Star Wars: The High Republic

“Today, you become a man of… business”

1 Like

I was a business man…doing business

And you want to be my latex salesman?

https://comicbookexclusives.com/product/high-republic-1-cbe-exclusives/

1 Like

Cool cover but $80 for the set? That’s a bit steep.

1 Like

lol any one who pays 80 for that is special…

4 Likes

Haha I knew it. And only a print run of 1,200 wow Marvel really dropped their minimum for store variants :wink:

1 Like

Ah, Michael Caine’s origin story.

1 Like

Every comic I sell from now on comes with a hand drawn DrunkWooky COA stating that book was 1/x that I owned at the time of sale.

2 Likes

CBE…LMAO. Definitely a pop-up store trying to cash in on store variants. Not even a good name.

1 Like

Haha… did you read the About Us on the main domain page? https://comicbookexclusives.com/

So they’re only selling Star Wars exclusive variant(s) ? LMAO…and the stated minimum order amount is WRONG

1 Like

As always, with any store disclosing the print run, read the way it says. “Limited to” is not a “only xxx printed”. Stores love using hype words and this cover is being sold at other stores as well.

Nice cover though, might be something i get for PC.

1 Like

What gets me is further down they show the “concept” sketch… umm… it’s a homage cover… is it really called a concept if it’s based off an existing cover? Concept to me is, you’re coming up with the idea…

4 Likes

You didn’t look at the price did you?

Facts. That price is crazy. SMH. Store variants are truly for the PC and you like the cover. Some are flip worthy but it’s rare at the amount that continue to come out.

1 Like

No lol, i didnt look at the price.

"As some folks know Marvel and other Publishers require a minimum order higher than the 600 copies we have as our stated number of existing sets.

In the interest of transparency, below you will find our method of keeping this to a 600 copy release.

Each order will include a reader copy from the excess print run and including it minus part of the cover to eliminate it as a complete copy from circulation.

We will be holding a small number back in case of damages, the rest will be “destroyed” by having their covers partially removed or back cover removed, then donated to a local charity where kids will be able to read and enjoy Star Wars hopefully as much as we do!

The small amount of copies held back for damages will be held for 30 days while we ensure everyone gets their order then destroyed.

All of these steps will be recorded and posted to the site."

So, they’re destroying copies they paid for…?

Mmm… Hmm… sure. Why destroy? Why not just claim you’re going to keep some for damages that might occur for returns/replacements and the rest of the print run will go off to kids for charity… or just sell them? The more you have to explain, the sketchier it comes off…

2 Likes

This all really sucks because I like the cover, but (a) I don’t want to pay $80 for it, and (b) I don’t want to pay $80 to the types of people these types of people are appearing to be.

1 Like