Star Wars: The High Republic

Looks like they got a handful of their exclusives with the Buy 2 Get 1 Free. :slight_smile:

Oh and it appears if you add any of the books marked as Buy 2 Get 1 Free, they’ll discount the 3rd. There’s a few at $9.99 so they will discount the cheaper book out of the 3, just FYI.

Thx

I think he already appeared before adventures 7. The cvr may be the only reason for spec.

SW The Force Awakens 3 is Crimson Corsairs first app.

I have been picking up SW The Force Awakens 3 for months, definitely Crimson Corsair first comic appearance (Vanity Fair being absolute first). Also is in the Star Wars Adventures Ashcan in 1 panel. Star wars adventures 7 will see him be more than a background type character, fans of the novel have been excited for months on different forums.

1 Like

Crimson Corsair reminds me of Red X, has some hard core fans from a different medium and has a prior comic first but something off on the first. Red X was a robot, Crimson Corsair was more of a background character without any real action.

So what’s everyone’s take on a net new character like death stick for long term spec?

Does marvel do this with purpose and infrequently, or so they pump them out in most titles?

Ty!

I think it is a case-by-case basis. A lot of new characters in the current Marvel Star Wars line have had a long shelf life so far. Sana Starros, Chelli Aphra, Evaan Verlaine, Kes Dameron, and Shara Bey have all been around since 2014/2015 now and are still seeing use in the storyline. Deathstick first appeared in a Kabam mobile game and I think there’s room for an antagonist with night sister lineage.

It’s an exciting time to be a Star Wars fan with all the production money being poured into streaming properties. I wouldn’t discount any new character right now.

8 Likes

September 2021 Solicit:

STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC #9

CAVAN SCOTT (W) • ARIO ANINDITO (A) • Cover by PHIL NOTO

A NEW STORY BEGINS THIS ISSUE – THE SHADOW OF THE NIHIL!

• Following the terrible events of The Rising Storm, the villainous NIHIL are in retreat, hunted by THE JEDI.
  • WAYSEEKER KNIGHT ORLA JARENI is attacked by a lone Nihil Stormship in deep space, a Stormship commanded by one of the Jedi’s own.
  • Which of STARLIGHT BEACON’S number have joined the Nihil Horde? And how far will they turn from the Light?

6 Likes

Star Wars High Republic Adventures 6 Talibao Cover A.

4 Likes

awesome cover!

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

I like that one better than the ratio.

2 Likes

Star Wars High Republic Adventures #6 (Cover A - Tolibao)

Ignore the cover on TFAW, it’s the RI cover.

Agree way better than the ratio cover. I hate that TFAW’s site never updates the covers during FOC or ever really. I know books get passed or missed because the image is wrong or never updates when the cover is released finally on Previews, Diamond, LUNAR etc.

I want to say and pretty sure one of the Stray Dogs issues last FOC had a Bettie Page cover for the image?..when someone posted they couldn’t find the book. You would think that it would update the cover image at some point?

It was updated.

They’ve been pretty good at updating art prior to FOC. Publishers have been late recently. Not long after previews updates, TFAW does as well, so I’m assuming their system pulls from there. Once in a great while you get the wrong cover which I assume is because there was a typo in the Diamond code (or the publisher swaps covers).

New book coming out will be signed by Cavan Scott and come with a few other goodies. I also bought Light of the Jedi when it came out signed by Charles Soule and got some socks and a pin or something. I have it listed for sale for $225. One of those things that I don’t want to sell but if someone wants to pay a crazy price for it they can have it. Will do the same with this new book

3 Likes

Looks good. But $50 is a little to much for me right now.

1 Like

Terror of Monster Peak Issue #2 cover by Rachael Stott.

8 Likes