Star Wars: The High Republic

Star Wars High Republic #10 (Jeanty Variant)

3 Likes

Star Wars High Republic #7 (2nd Ptg)

3 Likes

Star Wars High Republic #8 (2nd Ptg)

6 Likes

Oh wow
I thought those #8 2nd prints were Scarce

1 Like

Sold out?

1 Like

Yes, appears they are sold out now.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up though; got me checking out the TFAW site for relisted items. Were there many of the 2nd prints in stock ?

I didn’t check how many were in stock, I’ll try to do that in the future. I got 4 of each.

3 Likes

Star Wars High Republic Eye of Storm #2

1 Like

Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi #1 (Lashley TFAW Exclusive Variant) - Trade Dress
Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi #1 (Lashley TFAW Exclusive Variant) - Virgin Bundle

If you missed or passed on any of these virgin variants, Unknown Comics has them pretty cheap in a bundle.

https://unknowncomicbooks.com/collections/the-daily-fix/products/11-pack-star-wars-high-republic-unknown-comics-exclusive-bundle-virgin-var-04-27-2022

6 Likes

I feel like the art quality is so mixed on the Turini ones. Some I love but others I cannot stand lol

Star Wars’ High Republic Show Will Change How You See The Dark Side (screenrant.com)

I’m thinking Keeve and Darth Krall when I read this. Maybe Elzar. What about you?

1 Like
2 Likes

I usually shy away from store variants & it’s kind of odd that this variant for #1 is just now hitting, but…I think it’s a beautiful cover.
I got mine (there is a virgin edition also) via Wonderworld Comics. I believe it was a combined effort with other retail places.

3 Likes

So is this just a variant and still considered 1st printing? 15 issues and we get another version of #1; they could have at least made it a 27th printing or something.

In all seriousness, as an example, with Werewolf By Night getting a variant cover of 32 by Sienkiewicz, what version is that? The facsimile would have still be #32, but is it a 2nd printing or just a variant edition of the first? I probably shouldn’t think of it, but I have already wasted this much brain space, so…

4 Likes

@highlander1989 Yeah, I really don’t know, and I’m surprised to see it. I usually can pass but I have been somewhat of a completist on the issue #1’s of this series. If I didn’t like the cover it would have been an easy pass, but I thought it was pretty nice.

I always wonder how the approval process on this stuff works though. Definitely found it odd to see a #1 printing come out at this point.

2 Likes

That was explained here on Drunken chat - Its Drunken Chat Son Week 15 2022 - YouTube . I usually dont watch but was up so I checked it out. At around 20 mins in they discuss how Lucas/Disney wanted to release a limited SWHR 1 for this years Star Wars Celebration and that retailer got the rights. Supposedly very limited. He was selling cheaper with this link www.wonderworldcomics.com/IDCS at SWC it will be $100.00 for a set he mentions.

1 Like

I don’t believe his story for a second, when disney wants a book they make there own, for example web of spider man cast variant, or the star wars Halcyon press variant. or that marvel 1000 mickey mouse variant. i suspect in coming days we will see other stores announce a cover

2 Likes