Star Wars: The High Republic

Nah, this will be like the same thing happened with We Live where the 3rd and 4th prints of #1 store exclusives came out like a year later. This will be just a 6/7th printing.

3 Likes

Check the advertisements in the book. See if they match the 1st print.

But sometimes store variants are not any “printing” as they fall under a special issuance of the book. Could be one of those.

Looking forward to checking it out to see what it says. Imagine reproducing an entire original series like X-Men, basically facsimile’s, of each issue with new covers and just calling them all 2nd-?th prints. They wouldn’t even need new content and we, and I mean me, would probably just gobble them up!

Ive been saying for years they should do this will all of their classic titles. Id buy them all.

1 Like

I’m the same way. Marvel doesn’t even need to spend any money on these sub par creators these days. Just put out classic titles like ASM, uncanny xmen, avengers from the beginning as single issue facsimiles and I’ll buy every issue.

4 Likes

As long as they don’t use the crappy paper quality they have been using lately I am in for classic reprints

2 Likes

Dammit, just issue a bunch of True Believers!!

Without the True Believer wrapped across the front, then I am onboard. I don’t want them to work anymore than they need to in order to put out an end result. Just make a cover and voila!

1 Like

Wouldn’t be that great would create mass confusion. I see facsimile UF4 and EOSV2 sell for $100+ all the time and just shake my head.

3 Likes

They need to make a SW HR Omnibus for Phase 1.

By the way, I asked my LCS to up my order of SW HR #15 2nd Print of 7 copies to 12

At least The SW HR Fiction Collection is coming in September

1 Like

I am bummed.

Mike McKone was coming to Phoenix Fan Fusion (Fromerly known as Phoenix Comic Con) and was hoping to get some of my Star Wars High Republic #12s and #14 signed by him. Alas, I asked for the 3 day weekend off and got denied. :confused:

1st time in 7 years that my time request off has been denied.

Are there firsts here - or is that just a scarcity play?

1 Like

Sounds like you’ll be coming down with a bad cough and cold this weekend then
 :wink:

6 Likes

It’s the May 27-29th
If I miss the 29th which is Sunday (Get paid time & a half on Sundays) I don’t get paid for Monday the 30th because it’s a holiday.

Oh that’s Memorial Day weekend
 either they anticipate a lot of shoppers loading up on grill outs and such or X amount already requested off!

1 Like

Not that it was a huge debate but @drunkwooky got Ario Anindito to confirm Elzar Mann’s first cover.

(spoiler: it’s not High Republic 15 2nd print)

8 Likes

Yeah, but HR15-2nd “features” her while HR1-2nd she’s just one of many.

Not arguing “first cover”, but arguing that 15 is a much better cover to own if you’re a fan of that character.

It’s like HR1 is her “cameo” cover, while 15 is her first “full” cover.

If 1st “full” appearance is a thing, than 1st “featured” cover should be a thing. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m not gonna argue about first or second or whatever, but this cover of her is way better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“She/Her”??

The debate is regarding Elzar Mann’s first cover appearance, not Avar Kriss. :grinning:

2 Likes