Star Wars: The High Republic

A whole ship full of new characters. The framing story is Ty Yorrick and it flashes back to Phase 2 era.

4 Likes

How do you know Ty Yorrick is in it? I do not see her name in the previews. Is she on a cover?

1 Like

There was an art preview back in July. Sheā€™s in there.

But at any rate, sheā€™s in the current lettered preview floating around:

3 Likes

Ty Yorrick first appearance is
Star Wars: High Republic Adventures The Monster of Temple Peak #1

5 Likes

Most copies of Star Wars High Republic Adventures Monster of Temple Peak #1 sell for not far above the cover. From 5 to 10 dollars.
Star Wars High Republic Adventures Monster of Temple Peak #1

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone else picked up on this;

Iā€™m most excited to find out why the long-haired character on the cover is wielding Qui-Gonā€™s lightsaber!

2 Likes

Amandla Stenberg Says Lucasfilm Devised The Acolyte Around Her (superherohype.com)

Quote from the article: ā€œFurthermore, the interviewer brought up the rumor that The Acolyte was designed with Stenberg in mind. Stenberg confirmed the rumor, admitting Lucasfilm used her in the concept art before being cast.ā€

My gut is telling me she is going to be Keeve Trennis. And the fact that Disney used her to devise the concept art for HR is very telling when it comes to the probable future expansion of HR to Disney+ and beyond.

9 Likes

I donā€™t think it will be Keeve. IIRC, the plot of the show has to deal with a former Padawan, who left the Jedi Order, reuniting with her master. I donā€™t believe we are getting a Trandoshan or a Azumel (Ty Yorrick masterā€™s race) in the show.

If it is a character we have already met, my guess is that it is Lula Talisola as Lee Jung-jae could pass for Kantam Sy. HRA (vol. 1) ended with Lulaā€™s turning down her opportunity to become a Jedi Knight.

It would be awesome if it was Keeve or Ty Yorrick, but Iā€™m not too hopeful.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a good guess too. Iā€™m excited to eventually find out!

2 Likes
12 Likes

Keeve is probably a teenager in phase I. Maybe early twenties. Since the acolyte is roughly 100 years later I cant imagine that it would be her in the show. Sheā€™d be super old or more likely dead.

1 Like
2 Likes

Is it 100 years later? I thought it was set roughly 100 years before TPM. My timeline is hazy at the moment, but I thought the Acolyte was set toward the end of the High Republic era, but not much after the events in HR phase 1.

Phase I of The High republic is supposed to be approx 200 years before TPM. So the timeline should look like something like this

High Republic Phase II - 350 Years Before TPM
High Republic Phase 1 - 200 Years Before TPM
The Acolyte - 100 Years Before TPM
End of the High Republic Era - 50 Years Before TPM

1 Like

Thanks. I thought I saw an article that that original timeline shifted a bit with the announcement of the Acolyte. I need to dig it up to see if Iā€™m just pulling a Roger Clemens and mis-remembering.

1 Like

Mico Suayan Variant to High Republic 8 revealed on Next Comic Art:

9 Likes

Well if they ever do a series or film Karl Urban is a shoe in playing Billy Butcher as a Jedi.

4 Likes

Is HA 5 with the mothers cameo a bit of a sleeper book? Or people knew of her appearance? Does this character have legs in the Star Wars universe?

1 Like

I think there is a really strong probability that Yana Ro murders The Mother and steals her ship The Gaze Electric from her. That would make sense that is how the ship made its way into the Ro clanā€™s hands.

I think her days are numbered, though.

3 Likes