Star Wars: The High Republic

Funny though— it is still there and let me add to the cart. Don’t think I’ll waste time trying to buy one then.

Those are all my shop’s shorted copies lol jk jk

1 Like

I received an order from them the other day as well, and I was confused why such a large store would use priority mail packages like the mom and pop ebay shops… our tax dollars at work…

I like your tile floors. Just saying.

Wow, nice got 9/10, first time.

I’ve never graded anything before. I may send a few in eventually.

Thanks!

lol - I hope not! :slight_smile:

Wow well done Venom! How do you guys buy in Bulk like that?

Hey thanks! I just go to unknowncomicbooks.com and buy them before FOC. If you order before FOC you can basically order as much as you want.

Is it honestly the most egregiously offensive use of our tax dollars recently, though? Think hard.

Most egregious? Even remotely upper 99% of the list? Of course not. But still, every little bit matters. It’s one thing if it’s a person selling something on eBay and they need supplies because they almost never mail anything, but if you’re a company knowing what will be sent and still relying on using free USPS supplies in ways they aren’t supposed to be used instead of buying your own materials, that’s not cool.

3 Likes

There was a distinct point in my ebay selling career where I was like “ok, I need to bulk order gemini mailers.”

I get what you’re saying in general, but those bags were the only USPS supplies used and it resulted in the delivery of over 1,000 bag and boarded comics arriving in unbelievable condition.

The people who piss me off are the ones who make homemade geminis by cutting brand new 2-day priority mail boxes. Those people drive me nuts.

1 Like

I do that but it goes into a mailer but I also throw in more cardboard. I have yet to have a book damaged during transit… my packages are indestructible.

2 Likes

I do the same thing, but I also cut down a redwood and suffocate a squirrel while I’m doing it.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Once I got into buying and selling comics, and realizing how many people steal from the USPS, I wanted to dive into those figures to see how much of their financial issues come from that ‘free’ packaging…

1:25 Witter variant

12 Likes

Yeah, I’m not saying that they didn’t do a fantastic job with their packing. But at the same time, part of what let them be in such great condition WAS the use of those supplies.

I’m just mainly surprised to see what I always considered one of the more decently sized online stores for comics using free USPS materials like a college kid selling things on eBay to make some extra money.

1 Like