Star Wars: The High Republic

@dPcomics That is Avar Kriss…certainly appears to be the “key player” at this point in the new series, but who knows.

2 Likes

Avar Kriss is my guess.

1 Like

Has she made a cover appearance before?

No

1 Like

She seems like she may be on other High Republic covers, though. Cover A also looks like her in a different outfit.

1 Like

she appeared in rise of kylo #3

Avar Kriss. She’s on the A as well.

She cameo’d as I believe a hologram is Rise of Kylo 3.

Hugh Republic will be her first full.

appear - come into sight; become visible or noticeable, typically without visible agent or apparent cause.

I’d say that’s a first appearance then… :wink:

Better gobble up those Rise of Kylo #3… the 1:25 seems to fetch a pretty penny already… :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t High Republic take place long before Kylo Ren?

Yes but this is a galaxy far far away… Chewie was like 180 years old… while Yoda was close to 900 years old… whatever or however they average “years” in their galaxy… :wink:

Yup, already mentioned in the existing topic…

2 Likes

I didn’t read the Kylo series so I can’t tell you the exact context, but often in SW holograms are old stored messages.

Rise 3 would be a first app, but it’s a cameo.

While a lot of people discount holograms as appearances as they aren’t physically there, in SW they are typically recognized as in the case of Bobas daughter.

And why are you grabbing Rise 3 now Poyo? I’ve had 6 copies for months ;-). While the animated series is new information, it’s been known she was getting her own comic series for quite some time.

Note that there is also a 2nd print of Rise 3 that goes for a premium. She is not on the cover though.

1 Like

Yup, cameos are appearances.

Cause comic book nerds are crazy… and only want to debate stupid stuff. :wink:

I’m not, I was telling others to go gobble them up in a sarcastic playful manner… hence the :stuck_out_tongue: at the end of the line.

Rise of kylo Ren 3 has been wiped out of Amazon and eBay this morning. Hope you peeps picked some up last night when I mentioned they were going fast.

1 Like

High Republic seems to be blowing up. I don’t know if it’s because people finally caught on “Oh a new Star Wars thing” or if everyone is anticipating the Disney event tomorrow revealing more news of it as a TV show. But at least as of now it looks like DCBS, MCS, and Midtown are all out of regular cover copies.

1 Like

Managed to find a “Rise of Kyle Ren 3” this morning XD

If what BC says is true and Crossover #3 had over 100k copies ordered, than High Republic #1 is not far behind… https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2021/2021-01.html

I’m not gonna be shocked when we get a 2nd printing solicit in the next week or two that doesn’t FOC until after Christmas.

3 Likes