Star Wars: The High Republic

Is there anyone who doesn’t think a cameo is an appearance? Ha. It’s still an appearance.

Sometimes it pays to be an innate SW fanatic. I bought quite a few of those Kylo Ren comics including all variants. DSBS had the variants (including the #3) for a massive discount back in the spring.

I consider the Kylo Series another “Covid” run…it was a very good run to begin with imo (excellent story, new appearances of multiple characters, Knights of Ren, cool covers, etc)…but it got lost in the shuffle of COVID.

1 Like

One would think that but I’ve encountered some whacko’s who try to say otherwise… I think some also will argue against cause they want the other “copy” they bought to be more worthy… etc.

1 Like

I can’t stand the 1:25 if it stays the way it is, but if prices are spiking already that will be fine with me as I went big on the book… :money_mouth_face:

Is there any action yet on SW Adventures 30? First mention of Nihil Raiders, and tougher to track down.

Well if you are referring to cameo vs full that’s a completely different argument.

I can’t see how anyone would argue that a cameo isn’t at least an appearance. Seems illogical.

Yes, yes it does. There’s a lot of illogical people out there.

Perpetua shows up as small hologram in Justice League #8 but I’m sure most will disregard it as an appearance cause they want the Annual to be the winner first appearance. :wink:

1 Like

Just found a Rise of Kylo #3 2nd print at my LCS for cover price :money_mouth_face: they always run out of ‘hot’ books on release day so I’m surprised it was still there.

1 Like

Pretty sure I’ve got a bunch of 1st prints of Kylo Ren 3. Saw the 2nd print everywhere when it came out but I kept passing on it considering there was no cover appearance. Can’t beat a Crain 1st print, but 2nd print will definitely see heat considering how the market works right now. I’m surprised the 1:25 is this hard to find. Did this have a low print run? I thought shops order heavy on star wars stuff?

1 Like

Not always. There’s a lot of Star Wars stuff out there, and Kylo Ren himself wasn’t a huge character with the more hardcore Star Wars fans. For us it wasn’t until issue 3 that orders started to grow for it and even then it wasn’t anything that stood out.

1 Like

33,313 ordered, so 1,332 incentives estimated

People deemed it just another boring SW comic at the time. If it didn’t have the Crain cover it would have been even less popular. Zero interest initially and then Covid hit. Book was sitting on shelves for a long time. It really never gained any interest till after the run so there was zero reason for shops to up the orders at the time relative on #3.

Which is why it’s good speculation in my opinion, what makes it even better is the fact that Avar Kriss is supposed to be a major player, and not just a throw away character, in the High Republic.

2 Likes

It would likely be much lower then that as most b&m shops aren’t bringing in 25 copies.

I’m surprised more copies weren’t ordered as I remember there being a lot of heat behind issue one very quickly. I believe it was on many hot lists before issue 2 came out. It was right around the time the movie came out and he became Ben so him being being Ben in the issue caused quick heat.

no, heat was from 1st app of knights of ren

Pretty sure the heat was the Ben Solo stuff. Knights of Ren were horribly wasted in the movie.

But either way, it’s irrelevant, my point was there was a lot of heat at the time of issue 1-2 with hot list appearances and 1 going many times over cover, I’m surprised the print run of 3 wasn’t higher then 33k.

May or may not be specifically about The High Republic, but the very first sentence of this NYT article about Disney’s Investor Day presentation is simply: “A significant expansion of the ‘Star Wars’ universe.”

I recall the heat and people going after them for the Knights… but this book was definitely a strange one on why people were going after it. Most didn’t seem to like him in the movies so why would they be jumping all over a solo title book? Honestly I think it started out as nobody wanted it until people started talking about it that turned into FOMO and they must have it. Puppy syndrome, they don’t care about the random stick on the ground until one puppy picks it up and seems to get all the joy from the stick, causing all the other puppies wanting such stick for themselves… :wink:

2 Likes

I’m not sure what puppy you’re talking about, cause my puppy tries to eat every single leaf or acorn he can find on his walks lately.

They’re completely different when there’s no pack around them…