Star Wars: The High Republic

What about the Welsh? They have given names as surnames, they’re just not as easily recognizable in english.

2 Likes

For those wondering the top 6 are

1. Jones - 170,633

2. Davies - 111,559

3. Williams - 110,404

4. Evans - 74,243

5. Thomas - 71,040

6. Robert - 46,130

2 Likes

Received my order from TFAW. 20 comics, of which 16 were the High Republic 1 comics and four venom 32’s. Kudos to TFAW for a fantastic job of packaging. The comics were bundled tightly together with a box of peanuts. All the comics looked to be at least near mint.

1 Like

I have a Welsh surname. One of the “ap-something” names.

What’s stopping you? Still copies available.

What about those filthy, sheep herding, miners? :wink:

I also have Welsh heritage, but it is not shown in any of my names.

Apwooky sure is a funny name.

:astonished: I don’t have any Welsh heritage. But my Norman ancestors stopped there for a time before they settled in Ireland.

Some more fun and not so fun facts

Welsh people were the first ‘Britons’
Merlin was the ‘Welsh Wizard’ I heard he’s trying to spec comic books now :thinking:
Also the Welsh people were the first to be oppressed by the English where we had our lands stolen, language nearly completely wiped out and history destroyed by Romans and English so it would be hard if not impossible to track back your welsh family history too far back
Basically what had been done to the welsh was the blue print the English used to oppress and wipe out others
You can read more here
https://www.quora.com/Are-the-Welsh-historically-an-oppressed-people

Now back to spec :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Welsh, surnames, sheep herders and miners? WTF does any of this have to do with Star Wars High Republic? :thinking:

4 Likes

Eh, wookie might have as many weird letter sequences as Welsh (Kashyyyk et al. vs Chwyrligwgan, for example, which the internet tells me is Welsh for merry-go-round), and Star Wars has nerf herders, and moisture farmers and tibanna gas mines (and miners). It’s all on the path!

4 Likes

not bad… though was a B cover but it’s a store variant.

2 Likes

High republic #3 1:25 is selling for $40+ easy right now on eBay how much do you think these prices will increase by the time it actually releases?

1 Like

Unless there’s a new character introduced, they’ll normally fall or level off in price. Pre-Sales on hot titles tend to fall under the FOMO sales… for those who can’t secure a copy and willing to spend more to get it on the secondary.

2 Likes

Since High Republic #3 is weeks away from FOC, retailers can still increase orders. Stores can still do exclusive variants. And idiots can still buy 1:25s at $40+…

3 Likes

Will only buy if it’s limited to 50 and 2,950 are destroyed in a fire.

8 Likes

Or their covers ripped off and donated to children to appease the collectors knowing their copies are truly “exclusive”…

6 Likes

Let’s rip the covers off and donate them to no kill dog shelters for the animals to soil. That way not even children benefit and the comics are truly destroyed. Hooray! Wouldn’t want a sick child to inadvertently get ahold of an exxxcluzzive coverless :key: :key: key issue :key: :key: :boom:.

9 Likes

English ex-pat in the U.S. here with Welsh surname. I have no issue with Welsh independence and a resurgence of Welsh culture. The fact that Welsh is an endangered language is a sad state of affairs if you ask me. Never personally been a fan of the giant money pit called the royal family either. Sell off all the estates and use the money to fund a public hospital in Buckingham palace for all the shits I give.

3 Likes

Wow. They still have these in stock.