Star Wars: The High Republic

@ein Yes I noticed that also. Kind of weird actually books like this usually are gone very fast.

Either they ordered really heavy or we all gonna get the “Midtown Allocation” treatment.

Is it a ‘trap’? :thinking:

Also all Turtles 113 covers still in stock surprisingly. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

My family (great grand parents) history is a little blurry. We are unclear if my father’s grandfather came from Wales or if he is a Liverpuddlian Scouser. All my father remembers is visiting him in England as a child, well after he came to America and then went back to Britain.

Also, the family rumor is that my great grandfather was ostracized for marrying a Swedish woman… weird times!

2 Likes

I think The High Republic variant looks awesome.

Is this on sale yet? Tfaw?

It does look nice… but it’s another store variant just found out its Frankies exclusive https://frankiescomics.com/products/high-republic-2-padawan-keeve-trennis?variant=37565674750114

1 Like

Is High Republic Adventures worth a monthly pull?

1 Like

That store variant is an “exclusive” at Golden Apple too.

1 Like

When the ratios start seeing price hikes, multiple stores will join together to split the cost of an “exclusive” variant…

Honestly I don’t really ‘get’ why people would be interested in store exclusives outside of #1 issues or special anniversary issues and stuff. Like all those store exclusives for venom 26-30, like why??? People just throwing money away.

4 Likes

It’s marketing slash stores understanding how humans behave. We buy things in bulk at Costco that we can’t possibly use before they go bad, we buy multipacks of non-perishable items when we only need one, just in case, and so on. Saying something is EXCLUSIVE! or LIMITED! will bring out the gottahavethat mentality.

3 Likes

Stores know they can make easy profits on exclusive variants for HOT titles AND also qualify for the ratios…

1 Like

I want to live in a world where store exclusives do not qualify for the ratio variants… you bought 3k of your own unique variant that you get to sell at least starting $10 or higher to make profit… Oh, you want the 1:25, the 1:50 and 1:100 with your order? Well, let me add a minimum of 100 regular covers to your order for you to grab a few of those ratio’s to qualify… Thank you for being a super fabulous Diamond customer… have a great day now!! Buh By… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Exactly. They shouldn’t qualify for any ratio variants on store exclusives.

1 Like

Depends on your purpose for a pull list. If it’s for personal reads, absolutely. It it’s for spec books, absolutely.

Then again, I’m heavily biased towards Star Wars.

1 Like

I’ve become biased towards SW books to enjoy and spec but admittedly never read idw issues not know anything from a spec level. Issue one seemed a no brained so I got it.

1 Like

Star Wars Adventures (vol 1) 7, 16, and 30 became spec choices so there’s no telling. They were all ages, but definitely enjoyable if read in that context.

1 Like

If your wanting to make a store exclusive, then that should be all you get. No ratios should included in your order at all

2 Likes

Issue 4 1:25 variant… I feel like I missed some on Tfaw I want this one.

2 Likes

Was that ever on tfaw?