Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters Pre-Orders

Not War of the Bounty Hunters but a cool sounding Fett story:

4 Likes

Also, Doctor Aphra 10 is a prelude to War of the Bounty Hunters.

From the solicitation "And what sets them on a collision course with one of the most deadly BOUNTY HUNTERS in the galaxy? "

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #10

1 Like

Thanks gents. Much appreciated :+1:

I think these two others.

Star Wars Bounty Hunters Alpha Director Cut #1 (tfaw.com)

Star Wars War Bounty Hunters Alpha #1 (Yu Variant) (tfaw.com)

And This one.

Star Wars Bounty Hunters #12 (tfaw.com)

My head is spinning!

The Director Cut #1 is awesome.

1 Like

Here’s a spot of speculation:

First a tiny spot of speculation. Admittedly, speculation is slim as we haven’t been given much in terms of details about this event to go on.

Charles Soule in last week’s press release made it clear that everybody in the galaxy would be after Boba Fett and Solo:

Jabba the Hutt wants Han because he owes him money. Valance wants to help Han because he owes him. Aphra doesn’t care about Han but does care about money. And many more folks, from Black Sun to the Pykes … Han’s tangled with just about everyone in his day.

Speculation on Aphra and Valance has somewhat left the stable. It’s widely known that Aphra’s first appearance is Darth Vader #3 (2015) and Beilert Valance’s first appearance is Star Wars #16 (1977).

Soule mentions Black Sun and the Pykes, however. A fan favorite villain from the 90s Dark Horse era was the Falleen crime lord of Black Sun, named Prince Xizor. His first appearance in comics is in Shadows of the Empire #1 (May 1996). Shadows of the Empire was a multimedia event that crossed comics, books, video games, and toys. It was set during the period between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi and also centers on the battle over Han Solo frozen in carbonite. Soule mentioned that he gets to play with “all the toys” and maybe he’s referring to some long-dormant characters. That may include Xizor and even some other Shadows characters like Dash Rendar whose first cover appearance is Shadows of the Empire #1 with a full appearance in #2. There are also other minor characters like Wrenga Jixton first appearing in issue #2.

Many of the major Pykes died during the Clone Wars at the hands of the likes of Count Dooku, including: Lom Pyke (First Appearance in Canon Darth Maul #2 (2017), First Appearance in Legends Darth Maul Death Sentence #1 (2012)). However, Marg Krim and the Pyke Majordomo Fife, appear to be alive in canon continuity. I haven’t found any Marg Krim appearances yet, but Fife first appears in Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir #2(June 2014), an already somewhat spendy book, but still within reach:

Apart from that, keep your eyes out for other criminal elements brought up in Solo: A Star Wars Story. Crimson Dawn and even perhaps some Corellian and Kessel criminal elements may pop up.

4 Likes

Nice work @drunkwooky as always.

So was reading solicitations for these new books as I’ve pretty much pre-ordered them all… Wanted to point out some firsts (and some we already knew about but I’ll point them out anyways). Not sure if they’ll pan out but still, ya never know right?

Doctor Aphra #10 (also the Sway Crimson Variant) claims VUKORAH and the UNBROKEN CLAN make an appearance in this issue to kick things off.

Vukorah made her first appearance in Star Wars Bounty Hunters #3 which is still pretty cheap. Unbroken Clan made their first appearance in Bounty Hunters #1.

In Star Wars Bounty Hunters #12, Valance (Star Wars #16 1977) and his reluctant partner Dengar go to intercept Boba Fett’s precious cargo. I’m still scowering the back issues but so far, I think his first appearance in comics comes in Star Wars #10 2015. Wookiepedia claims he was in Darth Vader #1 from 2015 but I saw no sign of him there. If he was in any of the 1977 original first volume, someone please point me to the issue if you know off hand.

None of the other solictations for all the preludes to War of the Bounty Hunters gave any names so we’ll have to wait and see for any other surprises but ever since Mandalorian and Boba Fett making his way back, I think we’ll be seeing a whole lot more Bounty Hunters.

2 Likes

Oh… I spotted him in Darth Vader #1 (2015) for Dengar.

darthvader1_dengar

Only pane and shows his backside. So yeah, he’s in there but I’d say Star Wars #10 is a better appearance…

2 Likes

Marvel comics super special 16 is Dengar’s first appearance (cameo at least).

Also Bossk, 4-Lom, and IG-88, but strangely not Zuckuss which was Shadows of the Empire 2 then 4.

3 Likes

Star Wars (1977) (#50):

1 Like

Nice… I figured he would be in the first volume. Just hadnt gotten around to pulling up the issues to skim.

Yeah he’s all over it. Cover of 42, in 67, 68, 69, and 108.

June 2021 Solicits:

STAR WARS: WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS #1 (OF 5) on sale June 2

Written by CHARLES SOULE
Art and Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
Variant Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
Wraparound Variant Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

AT WAR FOR THE GREATEST PRIZE OF ALL: HAN SOLO!

THE HUNT BEGINS!

• Nobody. Steals. From BOBA FETT! The notorious bounty hunter will not stop until he gets what’s rightfully his. For the thief, no corner of the galaxy is safe. Good thing for them that the REBEL ALLIANCE, THE EMPIRE and every bounty hunter in the galaxy is standing in Boba’s way.
  • With a last-page reveal that will blow this Death Star–sized story wide open, Issue #1 is just the beginning. The biggest crossover in STAR WARS history will continue raging through the pages of the WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS event miniseries and tie-in to STAR WARS, DOCTOR APHRA, DARTH VADER and BOUNTY HUNTERS through October.
  • Only one hunter will be left standing, and the STAR WARS galaxy will never be the same!

STAR WARS #14 on sale June 16

Written by CHARLES SOULE
Art by RAMON ROSANAS
Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN

WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS TIE-IN!

• The REBELS finally have a lead on the location of HAN SOLO!
  • It’s time to save the captain of the MILLENNIUM FALCON from his frozen carbonite tomb!
  • A general, a Jedi, and a Wookiee will mount a desperate rescue mission… But they have no idea what actually awaits them.

STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #11 on sale June 30

Written by ALYSSA WONG
Art by MINKYU JUNG
COVER BY SARA PICHELLI

MYSTERIES ABOUND ABOARD A DURGE-ANGED SHIP!

• DOCTOR APHRA and SANA STARROS discover an eerie abandoned ship while on a new mission from DOMINA TAGGE.
  • But on board they will come face-to-face with a nightmarish horror not seen in the galaxy for untold eons.
  • And then there’s….THE FEARSOME BOUNTY HUNTER DURGE!

STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #13 on sale June 9

Written by ETHAN SACKS
Art by PAOLO VILLANELLI
COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

THE WOOKIEE ALWAYS WINS!

• Hot on the trail of BOBA FETT, VALANCE and DENGAR run into a rather large obstacle—the mighty CHEWBACCA!
  • Will T’ONGA escape the trap set by a mysterious organization out to upend the underworld?
  • And who is the figure in the shadows hunting them all?!

STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #13 on sale June 23

Written by GREG PAK
Art by RAFFAELE IENCO
Cover by AARON KUDER

DARK LORD VS. DARK DROID!

• DARTH VADER and OCHI OF BESTOON embark upon a search for the carbonite-frozen body of HAN SOLO.
  • Get ready for intrigue, betrayal and action in the heart of HUTT SPACE with the explosive reappearance of EVERYONE’S FAVORITE ASSASSIN DROID, IG-88!
  • …And a shocking cliffhanger brings the shadows to life!

High Republic #6:

STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC #6 on sale June 30

Written by CAVAN SCOTT
Art by GEORGES JEANTY
Cover by PHIL NOTO
Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO

ATTACK OF THE HUTTS!

• The HIGH REPUBLIC JEDI clash with HUTT forces. GAMORREANS! NIKTO! BATTLE RANCORS!
  • STARLIGHT BEACON over-run by a creeping alien horror! Can VERNESTRA RWOH and her Padawan IMRI CANTAROS find a way to save Starlight’s infected masses?
  • Plus, KEEVE TRENNIS learns the terrible secret MASTER SSKEER has been carrying for so long. Can she ever trust him again?
1 Like

Both of those High Republic covers are badass.

1 Like

The article from yesterday said:

That may be so, but I did find this:

4 Likes

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire: copping ALL these.