Star Wars: The High Republic

Is Marvel trying to sell to 9 year olds with this art work ?

2 Likes

The unfortunate irony…

Wow…that’s…bad.

1 Like

Do you think Marvel is like “yes! That’s exactly what we’re looking for!!”

Or “meh…the book doesn’t sell that well anyway…approved.”

1 Like

Man High Republic #4 cover, yuck. The fourth print #1 looks silly to me too. Where did they go with these covers. I am enjoying the HR adventures a lot more myself.

2 Likes

Back to some quality Noto covers!

The cover to High Republic #6 was revealed on StarWars.com today:

It’s taken almost 40 years, but we will finally see a Jedi ride a rancor.

On the cover of Marvel’s Star Wars: The High Republic #6, revealed below on StarWars.com, Jedi Master Avar Kriss sits perched atop the towering creature, lightsaber ignited and ready. Illustrated by modern Star Wars comics great Phil Noto, it’s a completely arresting image, both fun and surprising, with an ironic wink at audiences’ first introduction to the creatures; rancors debuted in 1983’s Star Wars: Return of the Jedi , becoming an instantly iconic movie monster when Luke Skywalker tussled with one of the beasts in Jabba the Hutt’s underground pit.

In addition, you can get a first look at Peach Momoko’s beautiful, watercolor-style variant cover below, featuring a dreamlike take on Jedi Knight Keeve Trennis.

In The High Republic #6, the Jedi will clash with Hutt forces — meaning Gamorreans, Nikto, and battle rancors — while Starlight Beacon is over-run by a creeping alien horror. Plus, Keeve Trennis finally uncovers Master Sskeer’s terrible secret…

8 Likes

Both of those are great

1 Like

Star Wars…always taking my money…

Are these both open order?

:man_shrugging:

What good are ya? :wink:

I can make toast, eggs, and most things requiring a microwave.

Dddaaaamn both those covers are nice. Not that I think it’s going to happen but I wonder what issue # is going to be the drop off in orders from shops.

Wow, great covers.

HRA #2 $1.99 at Westfield. No idea how long they will last

https://westfieldcomics.com/section/justreleased-sale

1 Like

Can someone explain to me the spec for modern reprints? I see that some 3rd and 4th prints are super expensive - due to scarcity I believe. Presumably HR #1 4th print is going to have a lower print run than the 1st - does that mean it WILL have future spec? Just curious if there are rules in place for comics, or if its just random market forces that drive reprint values. Thanks!

1 Like

The idea behind 2nd and later print spec is to wait to sell until the collector base expands. When that demand arrives supply dries up and prices increase.

To me, the High Republic is such a terrific long term investment in a franchise that has 100,000,000+ fans that explores a totally new era that I think almost all Star War fans have often wondered about and desire to explore. There is no question about if this collector base will expand. Just a matter of how long till it does?

I think the first and second prints for number 1 and the second and later prints for issues 2 and 3 will be very sought after long term. The first prints for issue 2 and 3 were totally massed produced when you consider they only had 1 cover and a lot of people jumped on HR after they missed out on HR 1.

I also wouldn’t overlook HRA. The 1:10’s for issues 1-3 should be amazing long term holds.

5 Likes

I agree. Issue 1 1st and 2nd are the ones, especially the Hans variant. That’s gonna be the big one out of all the cover price copies imo.

3 Likes

Agreed HRA 1 and 2 with Marchion Ro appearances will be huge one day.

7 Likes

In the last 12 months, and increasingly, seemingly, in the last 3-4 months, the market has gone nuts. This market, which doesn’t have much history as far as bubbles and crashes goes, is seeing unprecedented gains across the board. This has all coincided with the pandemic, so it will be interesting to see where every settles in the next year or two. I also believe that there has been an influx of new types of investors/hobbyists that have gotten into this hobby over the pandemic. It will be interesting to see who’s holding what when this all settles. Bottom line, we, as a collective hobby, are in glorious unprecedented times, as seen by the interest and growth in all parts of the hobby, including later printings and reprints (to answer your question, lol).

Buy low, sell high. And never over extend yourself.

6 Likes