Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters Pre-Orders

Why are they called “blue print” variants when it’s clearly a red print…??

2 Likes

It’s the same old liberal propaganda, man. Can’t even have a red print anymore without getting blasted with a politically correct term.

This is one time I’ll say load up a little heavier on the variant rather than the regular cover since the new gal shows up on the variant.

Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters Jabba Hutt #1 (Chang Variant)

Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters Jabba Hutt #1

5 Likes

Just FYI for those interested in Durge’s first appearance:

Star Wars: Republic #51 - First appearance.
Star Wars: Republic #52 - Second app and first cover.

Here you all go, the full list of Star Wars WOBH Pre-Order list at TFAW:

3 Likes

Been refreshing all day waiting for this.

1 Like

Here’s a story for pure entertainment and I’m curious to know if this happened to anybody…My buddy is a Star Wars fan, but casual comic book fan. As soon as I saw the image to Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters Alpha JTC black armor variant, I sent him a TFAW link. He was all in and bought 3 copies. One for himself, one for his 3 year old son, and one for posterity. I get a text from him a few weeks later saying I misled him. He was pissed that what he received in the mail was 3 comic books and not 3 action figures. The fact I sent him a link and he just ordered without reading the description still makes me laugh, but here we are. Just wondering if anybody else has a story like this.

4 Likes

I had people email me over the years asking if it was a figure when I had these type of covers listed on eBay.

1 Like

Your friend probably thought he’d died and gone to heaven to get black armor Boba action figures at $2.79 per item (or $3.19, depending on when you sent him the link).

1 Like

Yeah, he jumped on it VERY quickly.

1 Like

4 Likes

Doctor Aphra #11 firsts and key events:

First full Durge in new canon:

Two new unnamed characters. Ziggy Stardust on the left. A Falleen on the right. The Falleen is likely a Black Sun crime boss. Could be a pre-existing character like Xizor or Zito Moj. Could be brand new.

6 Likes

1:25

3 Likes

The 50th cover is nice.

1 Like

Oh I like this! Rogue Squadron was free on the Playstation Plus and this reminds me of it!

Weird. Looks more like a Sprouse 50th with the wrong trade dress.

1 Like

Just got this email from Tfaw looks like the Lando wasnt a ratio after all I figured it was a mistake since all the others were open order.

Yeah, I thought all the 50th were cover price variants…

2 Likes

So did I, I jus figured it was to boost Aphra sales for that issue.

In Doctor Aphra #12, Aphra and Sana ogle the underworld’s roster at the auction of Han Solo. We get confirmation that the last page cameos in Doctor Aphra 11 were in fact the Falleen, Gyuti, Jabba the Hutt, and Vukorah, General of the Unbroken Clan.

This is Gyuti’s first full appearance in comics, with Doctor Aphra 11 being his first cameo in comics. He appears in the novels Aftermath: Life Debt and Aftermath: Empire’s End.Vukorah first appears in Bounty Hunters #3.

Finally, there’s a female Falleen at the end of the preview. I still haven’t given up hope that Savan from Shadows of the Empire Evolution will show up and this looks like a good candidate.

Her only appearances are in Shadows of the Empire Evolutions, which takes place after Return of the Jedi. Savan assumes the mantle of Vigo of Black Sun. She first appears disguised as an elderly male Falleen in issue #1, published by Dark Horse February 11, 1998. She reveals her true identity is issue #2.

4 Likes