Star Wars Weekly First Appearances and Keys

5 Likes

looking forward to seeing the ratio variants for obi-wan #1. do we think the first app of inquisitor reva will be in this series? seems like she woudn’t be in #1 though because it comes out before the show.

Ever since Soule dropped an unnamed cameo of Avar Kriss in a Rise of Kylo Ren issue, we’ve been hyper sensitive to this sort of background stuff.

Not much in terms of keys and first in Star Wars comics this week, but keep your eyes peeled for the characters on these statues. Maybe they’ll show up in High Republic Phase 2 or 3:

“Osunu Whett” and “Skynx”

4 Likes

Does a statue count as a first appearance though? The holocron I can see as it’s the actual character, despite being a recording. Even just an arm, but a statue? Idk seems like a huge huge stretch.

1 Like

First appearance as statue.

1 Like

I think his point was not that this book is a first appearance but to keep an eye out for these characters in the future. If they have statues erected for them, they could be quite important.

1 Like

Hmmm alright I can see that.

Wookie, the detective. I think the geezers in the bake off issueare in plain site and a pretty soid sneaky spec. Thoughts?

1 Like

Agreed. Some of them look 150+ years old :wink:

1 Like

So Osuno Whett (yeah I misspelled it up there) goes all the way back to 1983 with his first appearance in Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu novel. The point here is that it’s his first canon mention, so they may have plans there. Or it might just be a fun deep cut by Alyssa Wong.

Similar situation with Skynx who first appeared in 1980 in the novel Han Solo and the Lost Legacy. Again, this is the first canon mention.

Both were historians during the age of the Galactic Empire in Legends. That might hold true in canon, but so far they haven’t been placed in the timeline.

@drunkwooky and others of course…. So how would you guess the characters in phase #1s stories continue? Will there be more comics in the future? Onscreen? Have they announced things? Would they continue in comics years down the road?

We know at least some have continuing stories.

A “Master Trennis” is referenced in Dooku: Jedi Lost as part of the “Lost 20.”

There’s a bust of her on set of the Prequels in the Jedi Temple Library.

Phase 3 may come right back to this time period, but Phase 2 is headed back 150 years.

2 Likes

Crimson Reign 4, Bazzra, Massif, and Fyodor first named (new Knights of Ren). First appeared in Crimson Reign 1, first cameos in War of the Bounty Hunters 5:

7 Likes

Lord Momin’s mask. Mask first appeared in Lando 4. Lord Momin himself first appeared in Darth Vader 22 (2017).

6 Likes

Fyodor unmasked, but I wouldn’t get too attached to this character…

3 Likes

Vanee first appeared in in comics in Tales from Vader’s Castle 4.

4 Likes
5 Likes