Strange Academy 1

Yeah I was responding to @Toy_Maker about the store he went to that was already priced that way.

Yeah, I’d rather a shop just flat out admit the honest truth than try to hide the obvious truth and lie. Makes you look worse in my opinion.

Retailer frowned upon response: “Hello, we made a mistake and don’t have this in stock any longer.”
(now let’s go list it again at the higher price)

Retailer proper response: “Hi, thanks for showing interest in one of our products. We noticed this is going for way more money on eBay so we’re going to cancel your order and relist it so we make way more profit from it. Thanks and sorry for not honoring our listed price!”

Second one is shitty but I’d rather them just be honest with me than beat around the bush by blatantly lying about what really happened…

Ah, I missed his response somehow. But yeah, if the retailer was pricing newly released books that just came out I’d never shop there again either if they were pricing according to eBay. Also, if they lookup the price at checkout, nope. But if they’re updating inventory that’s back stock, by all means, update but perhaps do that crap off hours or somewhere private I say, not right in front of customers.

Yeah I wouldn’t do repricing on the counter where customers could see.

My LCS has a section for $1 comics. Then they have a back issue section that has comics from about the past year or so at cover price. Then another section section of older back issues at different prices. Plus a wall of key comics. They other place near was basically an spec inventory store. I found out later that this guy sold on eBay. It is also in a desolate area, I don’t think he does many sales from the store. Its his store, he can do what he wants. I just buy my comics from on store that is a real comic store.

I’m holding too. I’m super long on this book.

3 Likes

single best spec book of the last 4-5 years

2 Likes

I recently bad mouthed DCBS (and they deserved it), however, I will always be thankful that they still had the SA Opena and the Ramos variants for under ratio well after its launch. The Covid onset really impacted awareness and hype when it hit.
They are due back any day from CGC.

1:50 is already 1k in 9.8, if/when disney+ cartoon is rumored or announced it should get a big spike

How high will the A Cover 9.8 go?

depends on what marvel/disney do with it. its already 300 for a 9.8. if they do a cartoon like their doing with moon girl i could see cover A going to 700-1000

I just bought a, “Strange Academy,” #1 cover A for $97, free shipping. It was advertised as Near-Mint. Assuming it is I think I did well. I couldn’t see pics as it was Atomic Avenue. The seller is one I’ve bought from and they’re good.

4 Likes

Don’t sleep on the fifth printing of issue #1. I believe it was the final printing. Nice black and white sketch of the 1st print.

2 Likes

I like sketch covers. I’ll look into it!

2 Likes

People are getting Tax Refunds and Biden bucks right now so I’m not paying attention how much it is selling for, just WHAT is selling…

A First Print Cover A CGC 9.8 just sold for $375.

2 Likes

weird considering cheaper ones on ebay

Yeah, there is one listed at $340. The rest of the active listings are $375 or higher.

I bought one off eBay for $250 two weeks ago. These are really starting to pop.

2 Likes

1:50 is now undervalued at 1k if A cover A price holds

3 Likes