Superman Batman #23 & #24 Batman Beyond Appearance That Predates Annual 4?

So this prior to 7/16/20 was cover price or so and wasn’t even described as having a Batman Beyond appearance in any listings I saw. I did notice one described that it not only had an appearance but an appearance that predates annual 4. I double checked the DC Database online and it stated it did contain an appearance.

In the issue he’s referred to as Tim so someone please explain, if they know what’s exactly going on story wise?

I mentioned it on 7/18 on the CGC forums and the books really took off. If we don’t see it on a hot list they’re all slacking. I will also say I own zero copies and the prices are to high for me. Even if a nice newsstand came up its out of range. Especially not being familiar with DC as others.

Batman Beyond first appears in Batman Beyond #1 there is no in continuity appearances In DC anymore after convergence, final crisis, or one of the other failed DC events.

2 Likes

There’s not in continuity appearances in Marvel anymore either since the events of Spiderverse and Spidergeddon explained that all away.

2 Likes
2 Likes

If you read it, it talks all about Tim Drake Batman Beyond and Tim Drake Red Robin co existing in the same universe.

1 Like

Your knowledge and that article cleared it up for me. Thanks.

It’s still a fire book which can be found in dollar bins. Grab it. Flip it.

1 Like

All I know is that Mile High had those bad boys at only $4 before the 40% discount and I got everyone I ordered with it processed and confirmed shipped! Also bought the #23 to go along with them for the same price.

1 Like

@ToddW There are a ton of arguments/discussions and downright hostile instagram arguments relative to these books and this topic. In the end, nobody is going to change anyones minds on the issue and the two camps will continue to believe what they will.

1 Like

There’s definitely money to be made on both books for sure. Sell em and put it towards an actual first appearance either Batman Beyond 1 or Superman Batman Annual 4. The character is on fire right now. As hot as Miles imo.

1 Like

I’m interested to see what my Batman Beyond #1 comes back I bought it vf-nm 9.0 from Anthony’s comic book art a while back it’s gettin pressed and graded right now see how it does.

1 Like

Just curious … you have it pressed by CGC? I am not familiar with the process. Long time collector, but have not sent any in yet for grading.

I use pgx they press in house cgc presses through a sister company they do pressing too. I know some people are master pressers out there I just prefer not to have the books shipped and packed multiple times.

Before I started pressing my own books I did send a few to CGC. Their service did a great job! I would recommend them without hesitation. Good luck on your Batman Beyond #1! Did you notice any non color breaking imperfections? If so they will most likely be gone and your book will be bumped up a notch or two…or three!

There’s a really faint line in the right corner may press out I thought about dusting it with some charcoal powder to make it go away since it’s black cover.:joy:

Hmmmm, pretty sure PGX would see through that. Let us know how it goes!

So … I have been collecting since he 70’s, But have never pressed or sent mine in to be graded. I want to start grading some with CGC. Is it better to send in to this company PGX to press before sending to CGC, or just let CGC do everything? I am assuming you want to press to get as a close as you can to 9.8/9.9 before CGC encases it.

Let cgc do everything if you’re using cgc. Try out like a 5 book submission and see if you like the results, before trying an outside presser. Don’t use pgx to press anything unless you’re sending your books there for grading

1 Like

There’s many places that Press now and submit to CGC for you. I’ve never done it but have heard good things about Rocket Comics pressing in podcasts I listen to.

Be careful though, a bad presser can destroy a book.

1 Like

There’s always that chance. Pressing does leave damage regardless staple indentations on the inner pages in some degree.

1 Like