Surprise/Secret Variants, One Per Store, Error/Recall, Allocations and Other Fomo Comics

Please post them here, thanks.

2 Likes

Did this come out this past week?

yupp

Not sure if this is one of those books or not, but I recently paid for my pullbox at my LCS and on the invoice was “Street Fighter Master Akuma vs Ryu Retailer Appreciation” but I for sure didn’t order it. I guess I’ll find out when I pick it up.

It means you have a good LCS owner who knows you’re a Street Fighter fan and threw a little bonus in your box. My old LCS used to do this for me. He’ll occasionally throw things in that he thinks i would like. Throw in surprise variants, sell me 1:25 ratios for cover, all that good stuff. It’s good to have a good relationship with your shop if possible.

1 Like

one per store but folks have multiple on whatnot…can’t believe any of the sales hype terms. “Thank you variant”, “one per virtual store”/account, and each employee with a unique email address…

1 Like

Close. Two distributors of Marvel product and each unique shipped-to storefront. So yes, most will have two. And some have more with multiple locations.

From what one LCS here has told me before is they only get 1 whether they have mulitple locations or not. And my wife and I get along well with the manager of that store so I dont think he would lie.

Maybe is more of 1 per name instead of 1 per store?

It depends on the publisher, also. The Spawn thank-you variant was a strict one-per-retailer variant. Couldn’t get from both Penguin and Diamond.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification :+1:

Last week’s Daredevil #8 release had missing pages. Not a lot of people talking about this. They pulled all the copies and variants from online retailers like Midtown. Any spec potential on this?

Bleeding Cool has the article on it.

:arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down:

1 Like