Swamp Thing | Full Trailer | DC Universe | The Ultimate Membership

New SWAMP THING full length trailer. Looks great. Thoughts? Be well everyone…

1 Like

That trailer did it for me. Im intrigued.

1 Like

I want to do a 7 day free trial when all the episodes are available.

1 Like

This excites me! Looks like another subscription on the monthly bills

1 Like

And it’s been canceled already…

WHY DC WHY?? The articles I’m reading make no sense. I already knew they had cut 13 episodes back to 10 and were having production issues… But if it was a state production credit issue they would have just moved locations?? SWAMP THING is very well received, with a 92% rotten tomatoes score, there’s def public demand for this show! It’s not like it’s a far reach from a TITANS or DOOM PATROL which have already been proven as successful franchises… There’s obviously beef between WARNER and DC on creative direction or more likely something unknown behind the scenes… Too bad, real shame SWAMP THING had to sacrificed, it was probably the one series I was most excited for. Oh well people, at least we got a season I suppose? Enjoy, I know I will… Be well…

My wife babbles on and on about production budgets on shows and films (shes worked as the accountant, locations departments, etc on shows and movies)… I won’t go into details but simply moving is out of the question for most shows or films once they’ve started in such location. So much time, money, resources and people goes into setting up. I can understand why they canceled it instead of moved.

Probably not, it’s likely just a budget issue that killed it.

Most states have budgets set aside for film industry. Texas killed a huge bill last year that pretty much stopped a lot of production companies from setting up shop here. It’s pretty stupid, I think Texas was around 60 million or so for incentives and the filming industry when it comes in does so much for the local economy. I think my wife stated one year they had a budget of like 60 million the state would use for incentives and the turn around was like hundreds of millions the state economy would get in return for their small budget of 60 million to draw in filming. Now they’re making squat cause there’s been a lot of nothing since the films opt to go elsewhere… (Like Georgia which has a great incentive program).

1 Like

The show will air the entire season 1 but no season 2. North Carolina pulled out on giving Swamp Thing production a 40million rebate due to a clerical error. The shows season 1 budget was 80mil so half their budget was the rebate. Also there is news that DC streaming service may be done, apparently they dont have enough subscribers and are bleeding money. Maybe all the DC streaming shows will be cancelled or shopped somewhere else.

1 Like

I already pointed this out in the main Swamp Thing post… which have been merged! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel certain in saying that, with Netflix loss of the Disney/Marvel material, Netflix would be happy to negotiate with DC … it would be a Win / Win …

The continued fragmentation of the Streaming Market is not a sustainable model, IMO … although Disney / Marvel will succeed, the other, smaller start ups are going to have a rough go …

1 Like

I also work in film. If it’s a really elaborate set up like say STAR TREK you’re finding/signing a massive 10 year deal on a super studio and really settling in… SWAMP THING? I’m sorry @agentpoyo one can move a swamp/studio BETWEEN seasons of production. Don’t forget how much green screen/CGI is involved with modern production techniques… We’re not moving FRAGGLE ROCK and all the Muppets back in 1984 anymore… I do agree with your wife though, the paperwork, permits, locations, etc would be a nightmare absolutely… It could not be done mid production, but def during wrap between seasons…

I’m obviously reading too far into this, it does seem to simply be a budget issue… Strange turn of events as a consumer, I felt they had a winner here… Obviously they do not. Thanks for all your knowledge/info great discussion guys… :+1:

Well, sure, anything can move. They probably looked at the overall costs and realized it’s not worth moving, so it’s just easier to shutdown.

1 Like

Maybe they plan to bring back later. Who knows until it happens…

1 Like

Agreed. There was no need to move it because there was no intention of producing a second season. Shorten your first season from 13 to 10 episodes, cut your losses and run… :100: correct @agentpoyo

I hope it gets revisited at a later time as well but I’m not confident we will see that happen… Time will tell. Such a beautiful misunderstood character, too bad… Be well bud. Thx everybody…

Surprisingly I hadn’t even watched the trailer until I saw the canceled news, came here, posted and then watched the trailer. I don’t watch much TV but I was onboard… it does suck it was canceled before it even started. Stupid North Carolina… oh wait, that’s my home state… Stupid North Carolina legislature… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m located in Toronto Canada and the film industry has been a blessing to me… I’m not sure what the provincial film grants are exactly but I can say first hand the amount of money generated from a film production is unreal. The spinoff from hotels, restaurants, permits, city exposure, flights, etc is truly immeasurable. The amount of employment generated is well worth the price of admission of the grant IMO… I’m sure your wife has more knowledge in these areas, as I’m not an accountant or politician… I have never been to NORTH CAROLINA but I’ve heard excellent things about your beautiful state. One day… :v:

Oh, North Carolina is the motherland but I’m now in Texas. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome. I’ve been to Texas several times when I used to drill on oil rigs a lifetime ago… Had a great time every visit… “All my exes live in Texas…” :notes:

1 Like

I’ve got Family in Wichita Falls & Lufkin … :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes