Target Exclusive Droids figures

All sold out as of about noon.

Bobas are hitting $60 (6”) and $75 (3.75”) on EBay now. Will have to keep this thread going for when they get released…keep an eye out.

1 Like

Wow! That’s crazy. I’ll still keep them lol

They were on sale at 8 am in my neck of the woods. They were supposed to be up at 9. Having said that, they didn’t sell out instantaneously like other exclusives. This was one of the better Target drops.

Made the thread and missed it. LoL.

2 Likes

Also missed it lol

When is the actual release date?

This is a new style of pre-order Hasbro is trying where they don’t gel you that. Before, with the Genndy Clone Wars figures, they sold you figures without images of what the figures look like. Next, they’ll just say “pay $39.99 and we’ll send you a licensed thing someday!”

My c3po is in transit to me. But not any of the others.

Did anyone else get a shipment notice? I’m going to start checking my target regularly now.

2 Likes

@D-Rog Same here on only C3PO

As much as I bad mouth Target about their exclusives, I have had a bit more luck of late.

I’ve made it a habit to add all of their exclusives I want into the favorites section of the app. I just routinely check to see if there are any available. Two of the GI JOE exclusives (the Viper and the B.A.T) were immediate sell outs and very popular figures. I was checking late one night and both suddenly showed available. I quickly pre-ordered one of each and noticed they showed sold again just a minute later.

I’ve been less fortunate with Star Wars exclusives however.

Mine arrived Friday. But check this out…why even include 1/3 the blister card???

I don’t know why people do this, but I think it’s to save on shipping and avoid nit-picky claims of “not mint enough”

That sucks. Mine did not arrive like that. Usually all my figures come in a box within a box if that makes sense. I would defenetly contact them to see whats up.

I know it’s a first world problem, but I’d have an absolute Karen level fit if mine arrives like that.

The thing is…would it be acceptable to ship a tv in a destroyed box? A vacuum? Nintendo switch game?
Anything quite honestly?

1 Like

The coin’s missing as well?

Mine arrived. Guess I can’t complain given the shape of the one above, but Target is just so completely incompetent anymore.
The box was obviously too small so they crammed it in, damaged it, and sent it on its way
They market these exclusive items clearly towards the collector market. It just seems like common sense to attempt limited damage.
Sure, damage can happen, but I don’t believe things should be damaged by the folks shipping them because they are forcing them into a box.
I’ll also note, these aren’t nearly as inexpensive as they once were.

2 Likes

It’s one of the myriad reasons I’m just done with figures as a part of my Star Wars fandom.

3 Likes

Me too for the most part. I was always just a few figures here and there. I was not trying to complete any series or from a certain movie. The couple of times my finger wasn’t quick enough to get an exclusive that was only available for one minute turned my off on the action figures.

1 Like

The last Target exclusive I got had a damaged box. Luckily I open most of my toys so it wasn’t a big deal. But if they target these for collectors you would think they would at least try to make sure they arrive safely.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I wasn’t clear. That wasn’t mine… haven’t opened mine yet.! I was just posting a pick of an online auction that I thought was strange.

Clearly was marketed as a collectible (i.e. exclusive), sonIf they damaged it, making it a worthless you should ask for a refund
Now I’m worried about mine….then box was pretty small but k haven’t opened it yet. Been running around a lot.