Target Exclusive Droids figures

Here’s mine. Nice and smushed to fit Into a box. All they needed to do was angle it slightly…would have been fine.

Whoever sealed it couldn’t be bothered to straighten the coin upright either.

1 Like

Jesus. Between Hasbro really not giving a shit, the store exclusive retailers really not giving a shit, and collectors (rightfully) giving a lot of shits, this hobby is a joke right now.

1 Like

They don’t care about the packaging, they’re toys, free them and play with them… :wink:

Or return them.

This is all you men out there buying toys and not taking them out of the packages… you all live in Neverland Ranch!

Muhahahahaha!!!

1 Like

Toys out of packages and re-posed on the regular.

Meh… I’ve actually grown weary of the “they’re just toys” argument. I know it’s often tongue in cheek, but it just seems like the go to response and excuse for piss poor handling of a product.

If a shipment of DVDs, Video games, Novels, or even Frosted Flakes arrived damaged…despite the fact the useable contents are in no way affected, and they are just music/movies, games, books, and food…they typically aren’t sent, sold, or end up clearanced. Folks who collect tennis shoes are often very particular about the boxes as another example. A novel with a torn or soiled dust jacket would never be tolerated & that’s the entire point of the dust jacket.

I’m particularly fond of the packaging. In this case, the entire appeal of the product is the retro throwback to the 85 product. If a kid just wants a C3PO figure…buy the plain galaxy of adventure on one for $5 and have at it.

The issue with returns is that you won’t get another as a replacement. Their shitty distribution and poor systems (in conjunction with back door employee sales) has this stuff nigh impossible to get.

I’m not even asking for perfection…just don’t jam the darned thing into a box it won’t fit into.

I have, without exaggeration, well over 1000 carded, packaged toys…I have far more loose/unpackaged and for those, packaging didn’t matter most likely. It just depends on what it is. I’m many cases, I view the cards/artwork more important than the “toy” (GI Joe figures immediately come to mind).

Sorry for the diatribe…(just one section…most pegs are 5to 8 deep on this section-all about the cards to me).

9 Likes

I mean, you’re not wrong.

1 Like

That’s not a collection, you just snapped a pic of all the merchandise at a toy store… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I need that Boba Fett. If anyone runs across it in the wild please let me know.

Check target stock online. I went in looking for this to replace my damaged one that was shipped to me, but they weren’t on the shelves.

As I was leaving a passed a woman with a few on a cart. When I asked she said they were holds for customers. And said there were more in the back.

Sure enough online said “limited stock” for my store, and she found 4 more. I bought 1 of them.

I’m going to return my Damaged one unless someone here wants to buy it from me ($20 shipped w/in US). I’m not doing it right away either, so just send me a message if interested.

Oh, and they didn’t have any other characters from droids. So when they ship I expect the stores to get 6 or so of each.

Any word on these? Golden Rod shipped, but everyone else stagnant?

I got what I think was a notice of payment for the amount of the rest of them (can’t seem to confirm) but nothing has shipped.

I also only have the C-3PO figures. Every once and awhile the rest will come up for order again, gotta be quick. :smirk: I have no idea when they are shipping. My guess, they are stuck in containers at ports.

I’ve seen zero reports of anyone receiving these (outside of C3P0) on any of the toy forums/sites I visit.
I routinely check the orders and app to ensure they don’t pull a famous cancel on me either.

1 Like

I see dozens of Asian people having a blast with them on Instagram…. :roll_eyes:

Must be the only upside of living next to the factory.

Yea. Many “in hand” from Thailand or elsewhere…wonder if they’re counterfeits. @alana could provide insight…

Of course they are… we’re talking about the country that had “Apple Stores” that weren’t actually owned or operated by Apple. :thinking:

To be fair, they started as just a fruit stand, and people started bringing broken phones to them.

1 Like

Ironically found this yesterday

2 Likes

The rest of the figures have to be shipping soon. Some ebay sellers already have them in hand.