Teen Titans Academy Speculation

A SORCERERS SCHOOL FOR THE MARVEL UNIVERSE. Wait no this is DC right?
So the all new super powered teens will debut as the ‘children of atom’ the sidekicks to the X-men.
In all seriousness this could be DC’s redemption after future state became a bigger let down than I did to my parents, they promise us a couple of first appearances and hopefully they’ve learnt a thing or two from Stephen Strange.
So what do you lot think about this upcoming series? Will you be going heavy on this or just be picking up a few?

1 Like

Well, Black Ice (forget her real name), in the back in the hijab, first appeared in Endless Winter Teen Titans Special.

It may end up being another children of atom situation where the first cameos/appearances are in smaller books
(For those that don’t know we discussed it on the children of atom thread - children of atom 1st = marvels voices #1 ‘race’)

I snagged 1 copy. This is a play in Strange Academy and it’s DC. A recipes to crash and burn.

I’ve also grabbed a few. I think this book is going to blow up!

As a side note; by local comic book shop is having a sale today and they have both Endless Winter and Marvel Voices in stock and 15 % of cover. Prices are Canadian.

3 Likes

Like most DC currents, it’s flip quick and move on to their next original idea

Definitely their version of Strange Academy, but I don’t have a lot of faith that DC/Warner/HBO Max could capitalize on this as strongly as Marvel/Disney potentially can with SA.

1 Like

I mean, the Academy idea isn’t new. Gotham Academy predates Strange Academy. There’s an Avengers Academy out there, too. So, theft all around. :slight_smile:

I ordered one copy, but I don’t know if it will ever do much.

2 Likes

I have no faith in DC doing anything with it.

I’ve ordered a whopping ZERO copies… I have zero desire to read it… if it gets hot, great for you all that picked it up to flip… DC is just letdown after letdown for me…

4 Likes

I ordered 100 copies of A and B minus 98 copies of A and B.

7 Likes

Gonna need that in equation format instead of written out format… :wink:

4 Likes

I got a couple on the off chance one of the characters goes on to something else, but expectations are very low.

1 Like

Don’t forget Umbrella, Police and Jedi!

I did a couple in case any firsts pop up. Worth the cheap pickup.

Cover B

6 Likes

That’s a great cover. Ugh, must resist!

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in

1 Like

Nice cover B. Must say I always tend to lean towards multiple character apperances on #1s (other than the Momoko Strange Academy #1).

DC seem to be putting some real energy behind Red X though…

2 Likes

that momoko cover for SA will never hold for long term.

I hope they don’t sacrifice the other characters just to try and make Red X the main character otherwise they may as well call it ‘Red X goes to school’

1 Like