TFAW $1 $2 sale

Nothing like buying a ratio from them for $22 just to see it for $12 two or three months later. Another reason I buy less from them… Their ratio prices used to be cheaper. It is easier many times to go elsewhere and find for less. For most of them, anyway.

3 Likes

You can’t really blame them though, right? They offered big discounts on shit they couldn’t sell and then even after the sale ended, people still didn’t want them so they lowered the prices again. It’s just part of getting rid of inventory so they’re not sitting on it.

3 Likes

I can definitely understand them wanting to get rid of overstock, just as a consumer seeing something you just bought for half or less than half the original price not long after that purchase can be a little eye rolling. I think their old pricing for ratios was better and more in tune for what they were actually worth more, often than not.

It’s what I do with my eBay sales…like those ultimate invasion books…keep lowering it until it sells.

One time…a few years back…I sold a book I had multiple copies of…listed one at a time…oh, it was Rwby #7 I pulled from the DC packs…I sold one for $60…then posted the next one…after a few days it wasn’t moving and others started to flood the marketplace so I lowered it $10 or so…dude messages me who I sold the previous book to demanding a discount such that he amount I had the second one listed for he paid for his copy as well.

Who does that?

1 Like

I’ve bought stuff at the local store and the next day was half price. Happens on Amazon too from time to time… Such is life… I just don’t go blaming the retailer though, not like they’re doing it to hurt you.

I don’t think TFAW is out to hurt anyone at all… I honestly think they don’t care either way. Their prime objective is profit as with all businesses but dealing with them in the past, especially with the many times I received damaged items due to sub-par packing I realized their customers come second. It is what it is. If they kept their old pricing with ratios, being a little cheaper, it would make seeing them at reduced prices easier to swallow. For me, I don’t order as much as I used to, but when I was going over all the ratios on sale I can only imagine that those who ordered a 1:100 at $99 could only feel a bit slighted seeing them as low as $30 (or whatever). It is the risk one takes but I would think TFAW would be aware of that. Also, if they kept their lower prices for ratios they probably wouldn’t have such a huge inventory to begin with. That’s just me, though. Again, it is what it is and their are a lot of other online retailers out there so no one is forced to shop with TFAW.

Entitled fools do it.

Agreed

3 Likes

For me, it was about the timing.
Approx 1 week doesn’t feel good. A different timeframe would have been perfectly fine.

But as I said earlier, if I felt I was screwed over (and I do) based on timing then sayonara to future sales from me. That’s how it works. Piss me off and I’m done with you. I feel better already not going back to them and seeing next weeks sales from them further discounted.

They lost a customer on back issue sales

1 Like

Even Diamond does it. Have a sale, then afterwards have another sale with what’s leftover at bigger discounts. Their “Winter” one was always big for the follow up lower priced sale a week later. They also set up their clearance lists so every two weeks when the next one comes out, new items get added at a small discount and everything leftover drops a level to a bigger discount. If it’s something you have to have, you buy at first sight in case it sells out before the next list. I’ve had cases where I’ve bought increasing numbers of items every 2 weeks thru 4 or five lists, each at a lower price than the one’s before. I usually go back and reaverage the prices of what evers leftover with the new arrivals lower price so some items may have 3 or 4 price stickers as they gradually became cheaper.

If you feel like you got something and wanted it at the current price, just buy more at the current price and if you don’t want the extras sell them. It’s all part of the game. No matter what price you pay for anything, there’s always going to be someone eventually selling the same item for less you may or may not become aware of. I refused to stock Funko’s the 1st year because everyone who mentioned them quoted Walmarts price which was only slightly more than what we would pay once shipping was factored in. Then I realized, some people just don’t care, stock them anyway and they’ll sell. That was maybe 20,000 Funko’s ago and counting.

3 Likes