TFAW Preorders

I can tell you as a customer that I’d much rather be charged at the time of order and not have to wait several months before being charged. Idk about others but I’m horrible at keeping track of my checking and other accounts. If something comes up credit people back. How do others feel about preorders and just being charged at time of order? It’d fix the separate shipping as well. I know Midtown charged at time of order and I may go back to them just because of that and it’s a bit cheaper. Just my thoughts.

The main reason I use TFAW is that I can add and subtract to my pre-orders until FOC. I do NOT want to be charged until my items ship. Without that, I’m far less inclined to shop there.

1 Like

I agree completely with what you said! It’s one of the main reasons I like them along with their great customer service!

I’m with @ToddW that if there were an option to be charged upon preordering I might be interested in that.

1 Like

Big fan of being able to continuously alter my orders before FOC. Also like to add a few books last minute before release. That is the main reason 70% + of my books come from TFAW.

It wouldn’t fully allow for pre-order and in stock shipping to be combined. It’s the most obvious contributing issue but our entire inventory system would need to be overhauled as well, and in cases where a pre-order is far enough in the future it might be violating laws in certain territories with collecting payment so far in advance. There are a lot of technical things that prevent it from being feasible, and a lot of “what if” scenarios that could result and would each need customized solutions. That’s why most online retailers won’t hold in-stock purchases and combine with upcoming pre-order releases.

A few years ago we did a large survey asking customers about charging on pre-order or charging when it ships, and it was overwhelmingly the more popular decision to keep it as we’ve had it where pre-orders aren’t charged until they ship and things are in hand.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be easier to change how everything works instead of me being responsible and keeping track of my own finances? Lol.

Curious… Do you guys use “cheapest” for shipping or do you use the FedEx/UPS option?

I personally use cheapest. Depending on my order size it’s usually USPS if it’s an envelope or cardboard mailer, FedEx if it’s a box.

1 Like

Cheapest, and my usual orders are $500-$1000/ week. I haven’t had any serious issues, and on the occasion if a book or 2 is damaged it has been immediately taken care of.

1 Like

Yea I use cheapest as well. About choked when I saw my order total for the week was $690. Lol Guess I got a little carried away. Although I did change to every week shipping not too long ago so that’s likely 2 or 3 weeks worth of comics now that I think about it

1 Like

The best part of their ordering system is not charging on preorder so I can tweak my order all the time up until FOC. I don’t use websites that charge me shipping every time I preorder a book.

If you are having trouble keeping track @ToddW, they have an option to estimate your next order under your account which will tell you how much and when a few months out.

3 Likes

The estimate order feature is awesome… Until I saw my totals :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah. I think mine is just shy of $400. My heart sank.

1 Like

I just removed a bunch of stuff from my pre-order list. I am ordering way too heavily. Still gonna be some expensive orders but I cut back everything that wasn’t past FOC already. Thank god me and the wife still have separate bank accounts. lol

Most weeks mine is under $200 but the week with all the LCSD books its close to $400.

1 Like

Did anyone get their TMNT: The Last Ronin #1 1:25 order filled yet from TFAW?

Not yet

1 Like

Same here. This weeks order was just processed and the TMNT:LR 1:25 was bumped again. :sob:

Same here.