The Book of Boba Fett Specs

Dug around in the garage amongst my duplicates and found this today:

Amazingly it’s almost gem mint. Straight to eBay. $399 OBO. Let’s see where the ceiling is on raws.

5 Likes

A minor point, but how badass is it to see Yoda’s lightsaber back on screen!?

Cobb Vanth’s spaghetti western showdown was awesome!

Anybody catch the Krayt Dragon ribs in the Mos Pelgo cantina?! The skull on the sandcrawler?

Watching Grogu get helped along by Luke with the Force while walking in the woods was heart-warming as all shit.

Those Ant Droids were nuts.

Anybody catch that the scooter gang were called “Mods” by Boba? Matches with the parallel to 60s British scooter gangs I brought up earlier named “Mods.” These Mods are called mods because they MODifiy their bodies. Pretty smart.

11 Likes

Could you make out who the Jedi were in the Grogu flashback?

Grabbed another copy of Darth Maul #2 last week (raw) for $40.
Sadly, just missed a 9.6 copy in a buy it now sale for $150…uggg…I was a second behind the person that got it.

Lots of Archie #601 :slight_smile: too!

And Grogu presented with a choice of lightsaber and chainmail is also taken from Lone Wolf and Cub!

7 Likes

Filoni knocks it out of the park

1 Like

Now we have to lower the bar significantly for Rodriguez. Which, based on his previous efforts this season, shouldn’t be hard.

2 Likes

Yeah, he did. It’s because they hired the deep fake guy who was putting out the YouTube videos after the Mando Season 2 finale.

2 Likes

“Just like your father.”

The line I’ve been waiting to hear forever.

1 Like

I liked seing the origins and creation of Luke’s training academy and area/building that we later see in scenes with Kylo Ren/Luke/Knights of Ren as well.

What a fun episode. I found myself really feeling nostalgic as well. As a bright eyed 7 year old in 1977…Luke was my hero. He still is “from a certain point of view”.

Star Wars got me through some pretty tough times as a little fellow. There is a lot to this episode. So much emotional undercurrent. I feel a bit badly for the folks who cast aside the cartoon series/Clone Wars characters. Those who have zero familiarity with them are honestly missing out.

Watching Ahsoka interact with Anakin’s son is really, really pretty incredible and emotional.

Yeah…this salty old Marine has a soft spot for this stuff.

8 Likes

Was everything I’ve been waiting forever for.

5 Likes

I’m impressed with the prices on Darth Maul #3 as well. For a very long time these were still sitting in bins after folks picked out the #2.

Also, you know there are very, very few copies of a book floating around, when, even after the craze hits you don’t see them…

Galactic Icons variant for Star Wars #55… here’s looking at you kid!

3 Likes

I found one at a shop prior to the pandemic when I was getting back into collecting comics. I thought it was DV3 first appearance of DR Aphra lol. I thought it was important because I saw it mentioned somewhere so I picked it up. It was a banged up copy in the corners and at that time it was selling for $35. Listed it for $30 and happily sold it, no regrets.

1 Like

2nd print had a $875 9.8 sale.

2 Likes

I picked up DV2 years ago for $5. But never grabbed a second. Once I realized who was in it it became a PC book…glad I did not sell.

I then bought DV3 for the cover for about $20 a year ago…did t care for the condition (had some color rub) so I bought another better copy for $25 and figured I’d hold onto the first copy for another day…

Well, today might be the day to let it go…or should I wait for tomorrow?

All I know is Black Krrsantan is so January 2022…

1 Like

DV 20 up on Midtown.

Open order is $10. Outta the gate!

1 Like

Those bastards.

1 Like

Booooooo!

If ordering for DV 20 might as well add a Bounty Hunters 14 (limit 1) to the order. Death Stick keeps showing up.

2 Likes

luke is a dick