The Book of Boba Fett Specs

Man, this series makes me love Star Wars again. In a way that comics and novels just can’t or don’t. Nothing against comics or novels, but something about Star Wars in live action just translates better for me personally.

Also,

Does anyone think that Cad Bane was named Bane after the Batman villain? The resemblance is undeniable.

1 Like

Probably just named based off it’s dictionary term…

bane - a cause of great distress or annoyance.

1 Like

And he was modeled after Lee Van Cleef

3 Likes

Wow!

I was just thinking the red eyes, tubes going into his head, and the shape of his face looks like the shape of Bane’s mask.

Appears to be limited to 1 copy.

Everybody knows that both characters are named after Mitt Romney’s capital firm called Bain Capital. The one that gutted KB Toys.

Aside from his breathing tubes. Cad Bane looks pretty much identical to the Duros that are in the original Star Wars.

@drunkwooky I’m reading that Barris Offee’s crest can be seein Grogu’s flashback on the wall. I did my best to analyze that scene and while I did see that marking…I’ll be darned if I personally feel it was enough to make that claim. My eyes aren’t great though lol. Thoughts?

I didn’t see that. I rewatched the flashback and I can’t spot it.

1 Like

Theory based on ending of episode: Grogu takes both the saber and Beskar and challenges Paz Vizla to become next Mandalore?! Perhaps not this season, but next season in Mando?

I think Grogu defies both Death Watch’s idea of what it means to be Mandalorian and the traditional Coruscant school of Jedi thinking. He accepts Mando’s chainmail, then carves his own path as a Jedi without eschewing attachment. Then he accepts Mando’s gift of the Darksaber upon Mando’s death and leads the Mandalorians as both a Jedi and Mandalorian like Tarre Vizsla, the original wielder of the Darksaber. We accept both the Coruscant Jedi way and the Death Watch Creed at face value, but the whole Mandalorian storyline has been about examining what it means to be identified as these things. The covert identifies themselves as Mandalorian to exclusion of types like Bo-Katan and Boba Fett, who in turn each call themselves Mandalorian by one definition or another. Luke is teaching detachment, yet he’s woefully attached to everybody in his life: Ben, Han, Leia, Chewie, Yoda, Anakin. He even ends up married in Legends to Mara Jade. Plus, we all saw how the Coruscant school of Jedi thinking ended. Poorly. So, they are going to break all those molds. Keep in mind that the Armorer said that a Mythosaur would rise up to lead the Mandalorian. Grogu has a Mythosaur pendant given to him by Mando. The only other candidate would be Boba Fett, but he’s playing out his swan song on Tattooine. I think he’s headed crime lord direction, not Mandalore direction.

9 Likes

Luke is full of such shit can’t have any attachments then why did he rescue Han in Return Of The Jedi? Grogu should of looked right at Luke and said what about kissing your sister!

4 Likes

My theory is that he picks the light saber and steals the chainmail when Luke is not watching and hides it from everyone.

He was not a Jedi Master yet and Han is not a possession… A friend in need. Jedi help people…

they better not kill off jessica beals character
she makes one hot alien

You watch the episode yet?

yes

Ok. Well then it’s heartening to see such stubborn hope still exist then. Haha

1 Like

Well Jessica is home with Justin Timberlake. Jennifer is the one is in Seventh Heaven after this episode.

$1 and a dream

Didn’t Ahsoka say one must choose their own path, or make their own choices? So he should say “screw you, I take both. I’m not an idiot!”

1 Like