The Crimes of MyComicShop

Umm…WHAT ???

Highest and only sold price on eBay was $4.50 (I’m not even gonna count the two from the UK)… MCS is smoking some funky dope!

1 Like

More cheap ratio goodness :smiley:

But… that GI JOE 300 1:50 at double ratio price ($100)…couldnt resist.

Timeless #1 1:100 for $23… YES PLEASE ! :grinning:

2 Likes

Damn.

All gone now.

1 Like

Damn. That is a steal.

MMPR / TMNT #1 1:250 graded 9.2 for $85.

what da hell ? MCS doesnt even have this…

1 Like

damnit !!!

I guess this is a new way to make money…

https://www.mycomicshop.com/help/newcomicgradingupdate

3 Likes

That is not good.

2 Likes

So your comic will be a grade of some sort, that’s basically the guarantee. You’ll get a comic but who knows how beat up it’ll be.

3 Likes

I emailed them about how this affects preorders. I’ll be doing a bunch of charge-backs if they are going to send me Fine books in the mail. I pre-paid for the books before the change.

2 Likes

They literally talk about this in the link I provided…

Also, dont be one of…those…guys

1 Like

Wonder how many stores are gonna follow suit

Or loose a lot of business.

7 Likes

I need them to make that distinction between someone buying on release day in the New Releases section vs a preorder. I will totally be that guy since I prepaid before this change.

3 Likes

I bet you all the crappy marvel paper issues finally got to them…

4 Likes

I dont know of any other online stores that price books differently based on grades.

Bingo. They even call it out:

“Marvel in particular has been a challenge because they’ve been using a lightweight paper stock for their covers that’s the same paper as the comic interiors, and picks up spine ticks, dents, and other minor flaws very easily.”

Personally, I can accept VF new books, but I will not accept Fine. At least incentive books are going to continue to be graded.

4 Likes

I was told the following about preorders: “Preorder comics as sold as new condition not as graded comics. We try to get the best copies available for preorders, however, sometimes best copies would not be considered NM by a collector.”

Guess I’ll have to find out when I get my orders.