The Crimes of MyComicShop

If your picky about the overall condition of your books, buy at the local shop and pick them out yourself. It’s a rather simple solution.

3 Likes

Anything you ordered before the change I’d think you have a right to be upset about. Anything after though would be on you.

2 Likes

Comic roulette. Spend the same money as the other guy and maybe you get a better copy…maybe you don’t. Sounds fun…not.

I wonder if they will give “problem” buyers those fines if they notice them while packing orders?

If only it were that simple. My shop might order 1 or two shelf copies…rarely variants. And when I pre-order them if the copy is damaged there’s not much (if any books) to pick from.

I now resort to online orders from shops I know prescreen copies before shipping where condition is important.

2 Likes

I’m sure a chunk of their mail order customers literally don’t have a local shop.

1 Like

I count my lucky stars to live in an area with many comic shops compared to when I lived in places with just one or two that were almost an hour away.

If marvels paper quality is the issue the big retailers (and small) should join together and insist on better paper quality or they won’t order Marvel books anymore. I bet they’d use better quality paper. Their plan doesn’t even address the issue of poor paper quality and horrible packaging.

1 Like

YOU BASTARDS !!!

2 Likes

On the bright side, no one’s going to order a copy wondering if they’ll be stuck with a Fine copy, losing at MCS’ new roulette of “It could be near mint, very fine, or fine!”

2 Likes

Yeah. F-That. $12 for a “fine or better” copy.

2 Likes

These are marked as NM the Fine or better starts next week I think

My little comic shop…has the sweetest smile…

In fairness, MCS did/does have Spider-Man #7 separated into grades as they used to (the spoiler cover and Ross incentive are gone).

But if you look at Cosmic Ghost Rider #2, all covers are listed as “New FN-NM,” including the 1:25. I thought they weren’t going to lump incentives into the FN-NM bucket.

Interesting. Ratios usually don’t get posted until Wednesday .

Some do some don’t.

MCS raised the price of Spider-man #7 secret variant to $25 for NM condition…$20 for VF…

smh

1 Like

That is such a grey area that they can exploit when “problem” buyers make purchases. They can literally hold back the lower grades and give them to people they don’t like. Not saying this will happen but it leaves the door open.

No one has mentioned that my comic shop undergrades severely. So those Fines are probable at least VF/NM.

1 Like

MCS sure is taking their time making this week’s books available…

Tfaw didn’t list their variants, wondering if something is going on with shipments

1 Like