The Future of DC Films

Tom King Batman was good for the first 20-25 issues or so. The monster men stuff, the Gotham girl/ boy stuff, and then the war of jokes and riddles were all good.

It took a giant shit when he started getting to the wedding stuff and then when everything was a dream.

It slightly picked up when he killed Alfred (although I still thought that was a dream).

And then ended on a whimper

Also does anyone actually like Tom King other than Vision and Sheriff of Babylon…

Omega men was ok but we already mentioned Batman, Mr. Miracle and Strange Adventures just appear to be him trying to recapture Vision.

DC has excellent animated movies and series but they just can’t seem to get a cohesive universe together like marvel has. DC just copy Marvel like you’ve been doing for years. Marvels copied just as much over the years as well.

I have faith in anything heading to HBO Max. HBO has an excellen track record. I enjoyed the Watchmen series and Titans. I love Doom Patrol! Anything going to CW I have zero interest in 90210 for super heroes.

1 Like

Not much to write for Monster as it’s a true story and the makeup effects are the winner for that movie.

Flash is my favorite I feel the show captures the character exactly as I read him in comics. Arrow has a few good seasons, Legends is great if you like lesbian love space time cowboy stories, supergirl is pretty meh, Batwoman the same. Stargirl was great, Doom patrol is great, Titans can be good most of the time, swamp thing needs more than one season to be great.

The last DC movie I liked was Batman Returns because of Catwoman Penguin and penguins with rockets strapped to their back.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Man of Steel was decent too.

You’d be surprised there’s still a lot of bit of writing going on and required to make the movie, even when it’s based on a true story.

Was it? I found it passable but meh.

Id rather watch it than Wonder Woman 84

Man of Steel was AWESOME.
One of my Top 5 picks of Best Comic-Based Movies.

Yeah the MOS was good along with Nolan’s batman. I didn’t hate green lantern either. I’ll be in the minority liking that.

The one with Ryan Reynolds? He hated himself so much in it he went back in time to kill himself… that’s how awful that movie was… :wink:

2 Likes

I think what DC did was take for granted that people would just show up for a cohesive universe with their characters. It can’t be stated enough how difficult it is to create that. Marvel has done an unprecedented job on creating this universe against all odds. You have to have all the ingredients firing on all cylinders and they’ve done it. Writing, casting, coordinating schedules, and executing in pre-production, production, and post. I really hope DC gets it on track, but they have such a thin margin of error. We’re already skeptical at this point on anything they release. I think WW84 doesn’t move the needle either way. Let’s hope future DCEU movies do.

2 Likes

They need to take a page out of the animated movies. I have really enjoyed a lot of the animated movies DC has put out. Flashpoint was fantastic. HBO Max just put out a bunch of new ones. The Justice League Dark Apokolips War was also fantastic. They made it tie into Flashpoint too. I’m excited to see what they will put out next. In the meantime, I’m going through to watch some of the other ones. I think Batman Hush is next- I really enjoyed the TPB of the story and they usually stay pretty close to the comic in their adaptations— the beginning of Killing Joke being the exception.

“The filmmaker is meeting with writers and directors to build out movies — yes movies, not just series — focused on Batman rogue’s gallery, both established and more obscure, with characters ranging from the Scarecrow to Clayface to Professor Pyg. All those projects are in the very early stages of gestation.”

3 Likes

I mean, I’m all for a Clayface flick.

Already did all three of those origin stories on Gotham………

3 Likes

And they’ll do it again, and you’ll buy it!!

DC movie spec might be good finally

12 Likes

LOBO is coming…

6 Likes