The Future of DC Films

Outside of The Authority and Creature Commandos, were there any books that really had anyone scrambling? I understand FOMO and the urge to blow money but…

I feel like for the most part, anything related to most of this should already be in a persons collections if they cared all that much about it to begin with or were already on the speculation scene?

2 Likes

Spec doesn’t really work when first apps are $50k, so the focus has been on the cheap spec books. With Gunn’s proclivity for making lesser known characters popular, I think there will be a lot of cheaper spec opportunities yet to come.

5 Likes

This is the news Ive been waiting for ! :grinning:

1 Like

My phone kept going off with alerts while I was getting a haircut. I thought someone was texting me about an emergency.

I would be interested in something with The Authority and a Swamp Thing horror flick. Also, anything featuring Viola Davis is awesome so more of her as Amanda Waller is cool. Otherwise, I wasn’t too pumped up with the announcements. As you all know I’m more Marvel than DC though as a fan so take that as you will. It makes me happy to see other people pumped.

2 Likes

The very recent run of Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow by Tom King. He is one of the writers Gunn assembled and could potentially write the story treatment/script. It’s a key book too.

1 Like

This one is a good read on how Gunn and Safran are righting the ship this time and addressing superhero fatigue and the current hollywood climate of front-loading movies with announced release dates.

2 Likes

All I wanted out of DC was some live-action Midnighter and it looks like we’re getting it. Gotta keep it Rated-R tho, he’s a psycho!

2 Likes

That was a decent read, thank you!

1 Like

I raved about this book last year on the ‘what I’m reading…’ thread. My favourite book of last year. Great take on Supergirl

1 Like

I’m severely behind on Disney+ shows too for Marvel. Just too busy to sit and watch television most days.

1 Like

Same. I get about an hour after the kids go to sleep if I’m lucky. Usually that time is used to watch a show that my wife and I both enjoy.

1 Like
1 Like

:sweat_drops::eggplant:

2 Likes

Okay. I’m thankful WB didn’t cancel this. I am excited for two Batman - especially Keaton. And I love that they actually advertised comics at the end of the trailer, and hope that starts a trend.

I do think it’s maybe a little unfair to the character of the Flash to have his self-titled movie likely overshadowed by all these other characters, but c’est la vie. And I certainly hope Ezra Miller has truly gotten the help they need to keep it together.

2 Likes

I think Ezra did go to a facility when they heard things looked bleak for the movie releasing if they didn’t get help, and they hopefully realized how bad a state they were in.

1 Like

Agreed on all your points especially the second paragraph. Hopefully this does well and all people involved would get a chance in the new universe may it be reprising characters and/or new ones.

1 Like

If the film is supposed to act as a Flashpoint for the DCU, its hard to tell that story without alternate Batmen, Superpeople, etc. I still think Flash walks away as the star, Ezra always made me laugh with his portrayal of the Flash.

1 Like

1 Like