The Generative AI Thread

You know, long ago when I was a kid, my mother gave each of us a word that was only shared between her and ourselves, not even our other siblings. This was in case something happened to her if she couldn’t pick us up from school, etc and had to send someone else. This would prevent someone just perhaps driving along after school while we walked home and tried to trick us to get into their vehicles and so on.

I think this strategy would work now with AI. Create a verbal password with your kids that only you and they know about.

2 Likes

If they call make sure they say, “Filibuster,” before asking to be wired cash.

I do that now still

A picture of a futuristic Mercedes Benze electric sports utility vehicle for 5 passengers driving on a beach shot with a Nikon Z8 with a 70 - 200mm f2. 8 lens at f5. 6 1/ 60th sec 16: 9

This wowed me big time. My dad is a photog and I was showing him Midjourney, so he told me what he wanted to see and how he wanted it shot.

I’ve been using Stable Diffusion, which is a completely free client-side program. You have a lot of control over things and can change smaller parts of the image as well. It’s very easy to learn how to use the program from Youtube videos. Also, it seems like every other week some big advancement has taken place with the software or an addon for it.

1 Like

I need to check that out too!

Didn’t know the intro was AI. The back and forth in this discussion touches upon the slippery slope where AI is heading. Interesting points of view.

2 Likes

An artist uses a pencil, cool. An artist uses a tablet, cool. An artist uses AI, everyone loses their minds.

It’s more about the “artist” using another artist’s work as an input onto the AI program, while the original artist does not get any compensation or credit. It’s like what Mattina does when he copies other people’s art, then tweaks it and calls it “original.”

Or, non-artists using AI programs which use other artists work to generate the concept art…then Handing it to the artist and saying “now finish this…but I’m only paying you half because I did half the work using AI even though I used your work (or another artists work) without prior consent to create it.

2 Likes

I made a post with my thoughts about the opening a bit ago. I’m not a fan…

https://www.cbr.com/dc-pulls-covers-generative-ai-art-suspected/

Daxiong is a damn good artist. Those covers were awesome. A shame DC pulled them.

Not if they’re actually using AI to do some of the legwork with the art… but honestly, for graphic artists that do most of their work on computers with assistance from filters and such, I could see a lot of AI detection tools that are probably also AI think images created purely from computer programs making mistakes of AI generated artwork.

If he’s innocent, he should be able to easily prove through his process if they’re AI or not… most graphic artists save all the different layers used when creating images. Don’t want to get accused of using AI, I say save your work along the process of all the stages, etc.

1 Like

AI art isn’t art. That is all.

2 Likes

I beg to differ. This is one of my best artistic creations that came out of an AI generator…

2 Likes

I have questions but I’m not sure I want them answered.

This add is totally not AI generated…

1 Like

Im curious why the gutter drain is facing the house…

But not curious why there’s a human ear attached to house?

3 Likes

I think it’s running alongside the side on the right since it’s on a corner…