The Mandalorian Season One 8 Issue Adaptation from Marvel Out this June!

These will have much higher print runs. But the open order covers for this will likely all be worth nothing. Best spec on those is probably the Action Figure cover or the Show picture cover.

1 Like

Nobody printed hundreds of thousands of those and those stories also have spin offs with characters within now getting their own seriesā€¦ Iā€™m not saying Mando wonā€™t but itā€™s gonna be a while before this Mandalorian heats upā€¦ if it does and if any of the characters introduced get their own series, while most of the main ones already had cover appearances on other Star Wars coversā€¦

There will probably be better spec in later issues where new characters show up but the print run is way down.

1 Like

Itā€™s a looooong term hold. Star Wars is evergreen. In 20 to 30 years the kids who watched the show will buy these when they are adult collectors.

Yeah, so like I said, if it take 30 years thereā€™s a good chance Iā€™m dead alreadyā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Look how long it took Star Wars #1 to appreciateā€¦

1 Like

issue #1 will have the 1st apps of mando and the armorer, along with the cameo of grogu. mando and grogu are the most beloved starwars creations since the original trilogy, but yea 1:50 has no spec value. lol

1 Like

My only concern is Mando is hot NOW. But I future years is this character going to even be relevant?

Grogu, maybe because his life can span multiple generations. But Mando is going to become ruler of Mandalore, or die saving Grogu who becomes ruler of Mandalore.

And thatā€™s it. Next saga, please.

So Iā€™m going in on a the 1:50 for the ā€œpotentialā€ long term spec. Then one copy each of the Aja, TV & Action Figure variants for the PC.

Any store exclusives Iā€™ll pick up in clearance sales.

I agree TV and Action Figure variants may be the winners just for convention signing opportunities.

1 Like

Curious why you think the 1:50 will be the one to have. Several here have mentioned the same thing. Not disputing it; really curious. May decide to get one based on the responses. Thanks !

highest ratio, so lowest print count, rarest cover unless a sdcc cover happens

1 Like

Just wish it had Grogu also on the cover ā€¦

Iā€™m grabbing the 1:25 because A) I pre-ordered from my shop for a good price and B) Aja rocks. There will be a ton of them, but thatā€™s ok with me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Weā€™ll never know the numbers but we know each store exclusive is 4000 copies minimum (3000 trade, 1000 virgin). Unless one doesnt include a virgin variant.

For the 1:50 to reach 4000 copies, a ā€œminimumā€ 204,000 copies are need to be ordered (200,000/50 + 4000 50 copy incentive).

Not every store is ordering 50 copiesā€¦but most probably will. Iā€™m guessing almost all will not order an exact quantity divisible by 50ā€¦maybe some order 60ā€¦maybe 75ā€¦so itā€™s not unreasonable to think 300,000-400,000 copies may be printed, but only 200,000 copies actually qualified for the 1:50.

And store exclusives rarely have the staying power of incentive ratios anywayā€¦too many choices tooā€¦how do you decide between one over another? Granted some are really bad and some are coolā€¦you might as well lump them togetherā€¦

so given about the same print runs as store exclusives, Iā€™m putting my chips on the 1:50. Even though itā€™s costing about 50% more to acquire.

2 Likes

The reimagining of the universally popular ā€œMan With No Nameā€ spaghetti western character inside one of the worldā€™s top ten highest grossing franchises of all time, exploring the lore and moral code of a mysterious and badass band of warriors? Accompanying him is an adorable and mysterious stand-in for the Cub in lone wolf and cub? The entire paradigm is speaking to the current generation of young fathers?

Yeah, I think his character will continue to resonate.

7 Likes

If people buy based on that, theyā€™re buying for the wrong reasons imho (FOMO comes to mind). The market works in mysterious ways and the ratios are not always the front winner based on actual ROI.

I would rather buy 10-20 regular A copies that end up doubling in price where one can likely spend the same amount on the 1:50 for one book that only doubles in price.

1 Like

You folks convinced me :grinning: Iā€™m going to try for one.
Now have to come up with a reason to explain to my wife why I will be shelling out some $$$ again for a sure thing.

a long term sure thing, dont expect a quick flip

1 Like

If you buy it from tfaw, it will have to be a longterm hold

6 Likes

TFAW is sold out. It would have been a long-term hold for sure but still the cheapest one I see, if I could have got it.

I hear that Season 3 Bo Katan will be the main baddie, so her first appearance in comic and first cover will sure to be good grabs.