This is the Way

@D-Rog You bet it will. I have a 9.4 ready to sell the 2nd she shows on screen lol.

Heck…have you seen the prices on Star Wars Defenders of the Lost Temple? (1st Bo Katan)
Not (in my opinion) even a true comic, a cameo if there ever was one…but…crazy. I’m not big on books nudging into the genre…just me.

I guess I should clarify rather than come off sounding like a rude butthead.

I don’t see the appeal of a character who debuted on TV/FILM (Ahsoka Tano for example) making their first appearance in comics. If other people do, and they want spend big money on them, go for it. More power to the people who can sell them, too. I just understand the appeal.

I do however see appeal and geek out for the opposite, where a character who appears in comics makes an appearance in TV or film. For example: Seeing the Marshall in S2E1 was really cool for those who read Aftermath.

1 Like

I do understand your point and you didn’t come across rude at all. I actually tend to agree with your point.
The thing about Ahsoka for me is that her first appearance in film/media and her 1st in comics are pretty much the exact same time.
We first see her in the Clone Wars movie in mid August of 2008 and her 1st in comics was just a few weeks later with Clone Wars #1 on Sept 10th 2008.
It’s even highly likely that SW fans skipped the movie (which at the time was heavily targeted at kids versus SW fans as a whole) and saw her 1st in the comic release. Her appearance in the comics predates any appearances in the tv series which is really what brought her to the forefront as a known character.

1 Like

The biggest problem with Ashoka is Anakin was never a Jedi master with a Padawan. Even with adding her to canon it doesn’t fit at all with the actual canon time line between Attack of The clones Episode 2 and Revenge of The Sith Episode 3. So as far as I’m concerned she doesn’t exist in canon.

So Mandalorian isn’t cannon as soon as she appears? I don’t get what you’re saying.

I don’t see a difference. There’s a first in film and a first in paper. One is a tangible collectible, the other is not. As long as they are good characters with substance it doesn’t matter to me whether the chicken or the egg came first. But that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

Anakin is 19 in AOTC and 22 in ROTS it makes no sense he would train anybody in between as he was still learning himself and not trusted to be given a Jedi Master rank why would they trust him with a Padawan. Retconning comics is one thing with 1000s of issues and new ones every week but retconning movies that are already prequel retcons themselves with a kids cartoon is just sloppy.

1 Like

Jedi didn’t need to be masters to have padawans assigned to them. Yoda specifically talks about assigning Anakin Ahsoka as a means of helping him mature and grow. He’s definitely shown as immature and Ahsoka tends to teach him as much he does her.

I mean, I guess if someone wants the angle that “only” the films are canon…nothing wrong with that. But taken as a whole, the Clone Wars media, Rebels, Mandalorian, etc, etc all flesh the story well, make sense, and have explanations for Ahsoka’s absence during the film timelines.

2 Likes

I have no idea what you’re talking about. As far as I’m concerned the movies and the comics are separate, like marvel or dc…they can do what they want. I like that they are using characters from the comics/cartoons…but I don’t see why a tv show or movie has to be held to he same stories as the comics or cartoons, including origins of characters.

To each their own. That is the beauty of our hobby.

Because Star Wars doesn’t have a multiverse.

Everything has a multiverse. They just haven’t explored it yet. Give them time.

Sorry just got on this thread as I’m finally caught up.

Yes that’s Boba the end of Ep 1. That’s why they used Temuera. He was credited as Boba on IMDb but they removed it.

Darksaber obviously going to be important, it was in season 1, and great tie in with Bo Katan trying to get it. That clone wars book which is the first app of both Bo Katan and darksaber definitely blowing up. Glad I found one for $2 a few months back.

Ahsoka is arguably the most popular Star Wars character since the OT (Mando is pushing that now though) so having her show up in live action is a pretty big deal. Hopefully they do it right.

Harley debuted in the animated series prior to comics, that didn’t hold back BA 12 any. So I wouldn’t worry about Ahsoka appearing in the Clone Wars movie first.

2 Likes

Keeping my eye out…my shop has a few of those digest size graphic novels, but not that one. Not something the average comic speculator looks for.

So you don’t really care about most Star Wars Comics? I imagine the overwhelming majority of Star Wars characters debuted in movies and TV before comics

False. I enjoy the stories but I’m not going nuts trying to find first appearances of preexisting characters.

Me neither, except to sell them at multiples of what I paid for them.

1 Like

Mando was a good first season as a stand alone story, but this season they chose to shit all over the movies. With a new explanation for Boba and trying to tie in a bunch of cartoon characters into a story where they obviously weren’t needed and it’s pretty horrible. Now I’m suppose to believe the dark Sith Lord let his cartoon Padawan he never had somehow live for 20 + years when he was already almost finished exterminating all the Jedi. Like people with the force can’t sense each other. Let’s not forget the Emperor was alive the whole time and could of put a stop to all this at anytime.

@Alana Genuinely curious, did you watch the Clone Wars series and Rebels in their entirety? I know quite a few folks who hated them and tend to be “films are the only canon”, and again, I get it,to each their own.
The Clone series (especially the final season), as well as Rebels pretty much explain all the areas you have issue with is why I ask. Now, I get, folks may not like the explanations/ or the way the events were handled, but they were all addressed.

Also, if it were that simple to simply sense, seek out, and destroy Jedi…Darth and the Emp should have just headed to Tatooine and Dagobah…86’d Obiwan and Yoda and ended the entire Saga before it began.

I also realize the Clone Wars and Rebels were “cartoons”, but in my opinion, the themes, plotlines, and much of the actions/sequences are quite adult/mature themed. Much of it is anything but “kiddie cartoon”.

Have a great week!

5 Likes

That is known as ‘world building’. Star Wars is very specific about what is canon, and what is not, throughout all the media forms.
Trust me when I tell you that you don’t want to get involved with trying to figure out the SW timelines and stories that are, or are not, canon. Convoluted af.

2 Likes