This will make Disney turn up the heat on Disney+

Looks like CEO staying longer at Disney and cutting back on Marvel/Star Wars content

So even though they have entirely different crews working on these projects, they’re going to use the excuse that it’s because they’re putting out to much content!? No it because you have idiot writers and directors who are screwing it up.

6 Likes

I feel they’re pushing out too much at once. They’re saturating it currently so people grow bored and stop watching when things get flooded

4 Likes

Disney is in financial trouble

They spent tooo much in the past couple of years on tv/movies, and made very little.

Now the parks are seeing a decrease in visitors

2 Likes

Their parks use to be their biggest revenue maker

I have zero desire to go to Disney World or Land myself. I can spend a whole lot less and enjoy a whole lot more doing something else fun other than standing in lines, buying merchandise I don’t need and paying for overpriced food and drinks.

11 Likes

@agentpoyo This sounds like every comic convention I’ve gone to in the last several years.

3 Likes

If Disney thought they were losing too many D+ subscribers, this won’t help one bit.

If they spread out new content just enough, it keeps people subscribed instead of disconnecting and reconnecting the service.

Yeah, NYCC has gotten worse and worse the 4 years in a row I went before COVID hit
 I actually don’t miss attending one bit now

This makes me worry about The Acolyte. There was that report that it was quietly canceled a few weeks ago and most of us didn’t take it seriously. Now this report has me thinking that it may have been true.

Yeah, there was too much Marvel and Star Wars stuff being released, I agree. Slow it down, I’d say. Have a bigger variety of stuff, etc.

I think this announcement is a spin on what Disney has to decide based on the writer and actor strikes. Content will be slow to come, might as well act like its intentional

2 Likes

That’s true too. “This was the plan all along!”

1 Like

Something we should keep in mind is how the pandemic affected everything in the pipeline. They were literally either about to release, in mid production, and pre-production. As time passed, we were thirsting for content content content. Once things started to ease up, that’s when the floodgate opened and here we are. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, but he has a point of things being diluted.

2 Likes

Yeah. People got bored sitting at home. Humans have lost their own creativity and depend on the corporate media overlords to keep them entertained. Now that people are back to work, not so bored and busy with life

They’re just course correcting. They could have avoided this if they made better choice re: content but overall, it’s just a hiccup. They know that at the end is the day, they need people to subscribe, and the vast majority of those ppl want marvel and star wars. They just need to find a balance that works.

1 Like

Disney+ raising prices that means we gonna get really good shows woohoo
 :roll_eyes: :rofl:

We shall see.

1 Like

They are just trying to cover their losses. Could backfire.

4 Likes

I’ll be cancelling. My VCR and case full of Disney VHS tapes still work fine for the grandkids.
It’s too expensive for the couple of series I want to see intermittently.
I cancelled Netflix when they raised rates also
I do still really enjoy the “max” (HBO) service but I get that as part of my Internet service along with the basic TV lineup stuff.
These companies have gotten too greedy for services that just aren’t providing all that much when you really look at it.

Plus
all I do anymore is fall asleep watching stuff anyway. Haven’t made it through Guardians 3 yet :joy:
“Get off my lawn”

6 Likes