Thor #9 Spec?

So I’m guessing by the comments poking fun that people are passing on this one for now?

Nope. I’d pick up a few just in case. I think I pre-ordered 2 copies myself. I’ve read it. It’s a great start to what is likely the next main story arc after the two issue relaxed silliness…

Its actually pretty good and could be setting up for something bigger

Yes. Blake appears to be becoming a major villain for thor. I grabbed 3 1:50’s and 7 1:25’s for close to half ratio.

It’s Cates. Bet on something bigger.

Relax, it is just Mac Gargan with a mask and scalpel.

3 Likes

And a stick!

Nope, the stick doesn’t survive… first appearance and death in the same issue.

1 Like

Good. It looks as lame as ghost maker’s pants.

When you read the issue, you’ll understand it’s importance though and why he breaks it in half…

I saw the trailer, so I have some idea. Incidentally, check out Blake’s eyes on the ottley cover for #10. Maybe something or maybe nothing. His fist, too.

So this issue starts the Prey story arc and Donny says it is one of the things he has written that he is most proud of

cates

1 Like

It’s a shillelagh. He looks Irish.

will Thor 10 1:25 or 1:50 be hot given the story arc? they have some cool covers with Blake on them…

It’s always possible but retailers may be loading up with foc open. If investing at all, I personally would stick with the 2 #9 incentives. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Thor #9 is moving heavy may want to get on them early while you can. Cover A, 1:25, 1:50
1:25 has the evil version on the cover

Lots available at midtown of open orders.

3 each of the high ratio incentives.

1 Like

What is the spec here? A high profile story line? No first appearance? Is this Cates big storylines go up in value?

I want to buy a bunch of variants. But I can’t rationalize it yet. I am usually either a first appearance or a “hot cover” buyer. Thanks. I want to buy while the ratios are selling below ratio.

It’s not

1 Like

Not a new character, however, he appears to have some new powers and is named Shadow of Thunder. It’s definitely risky, but could possibly be given the SS as the fallen one treatment. However, that seems doubtful.