Thor Love and Thunder

I would hope so since the Thor comes out the following month.

2 Likes

ta4b9rdjyks81

So not Thunderstrike just a Ravager Thor

Iā€™m not hitting the panic button yet based off a toyā€¦but if Gorr is just a bald grey skinned Christian Baleā€¦Ima lose my $h!tā€¦

3 Thor action figures no Zeus, guess he doesnā€™t play a very big role.

1 Like

Gorr lookinā€™ like pre-incantation Mumm-ra.

5 Likes

Iā€™m really not worried about it, Iā€™ve enjoyed every Taika Waititi film or show.

3 Likes

Yeah, WTH?

Groot is more menacing in appearance.

And hey, he now has a friendā€¦

5 Likes

This is what he looks like in the movie. I even showed you guys pictures back in Augustā€¦

Sell now mutha fā€™ers. This is what you get for specā€™ing on villainsā€¦

3 Likes

Makes me wonder how the behind the scenes discussions take place on this stuff.
Gorr had a pretty cool design (in the comic). I feel like his head tentacles (for lack of a better word) are pretty integral to him.
There is a bit of a pre and post change to his appearance after merging with the symbiote so Iā€™ll remain hopeful, but stillā€¦
Gorr is such a bad ass character, with a great back story, & motivation for his actions with regards to his role.
Be a shame if it isnā€™t done justice.

1 Like

Christian Bale was probably not happy with the original design as it would have hid his beautiful face.

Real fans in the know are going to be all over this kinder gentler looking gorr.

I may have to jump ship on my books. Iā€™ll keep my King Thor #1 2nd print though. Best Gorr cover, IMO.

7 Likes

The other explanation could be they had to make him less symbiotic looking to avoid any Sony rights to the character. Make him as physically different as possible while still resembling the character. :man_shrugging:

On the plus side with regards to the Legends figure, I also think that with a simple application of red paint to the face in the shape of the cross & he could make a decent Vigil from Daredevil. Lots of folks enjoy doing custom jobs.

The value of the book will really depend on if the movie is good. If Gorr is done well in the movie, I think the value of the book will still be good, irrespective of the difference between movie and comic Gorr. Crossing fingers for a good movie.

1 Like

Hopefully as fun as, ā€œRagnarok.ā€

2 Likes

Atleast, but hopefully better ! with less humor, and more butchering :wink:

2 Likes