TMNT: The Last Ronin order number announced

From IDW Publishing:

TMNT: The Last Ronin #1 has shattered all sales expectations with a whopping retailer pre-order total of more than 130,000 copies!

To thank comic shops for their support, IDW has immediately commissioned a TMNT: The Last Ronin #1 “Thank You” Variant Edition to be provided to all retailers who placed orders for the First Printing via Diamond Comic Distributors. This rare black-and-white cover edition will feature a foil logo cover enhancement sure to make it a hot collectible. Full details on the “Thank You” edition will be provided to retailers through distributor communications.

Second printing:

Thank You edition:

4 Likes

Oooooo, gimmie!

1 Like

Ordering the 2nd print I like that green feel. Doubt I can get the thank you variant.

Haven’t read the issue. Is it any good?

Has yet to release. Book ended up being delayed for a while and from the looks of it, the art(ists) changed along with some of the actual interior content (panels, dialogue, etc).

** Edit - not to mention the cover art, which has also changed from the original previews/ashcan.

1 Like

Admittedly, I’m not a big fan of the series. But, the 1:10 and 1:25 covers are just so good.

However, watch out. A few FB comments are stating that orders are being allocated at 80% for the A and 1:10, so stores won’t get all that they ordered. Disclaimer: This is not confirmed, so it’s very possible I’m spreading misinformation. Can anyone confirm? @RipCityGamer I have a 1:25 and three 1:10s ordered, so I’m hoping I get those. :slight_smile:

Yeah the artist was changed that’s why it was delayed. So that ashcan is it a dud now?

I guess I would expect the opposite because what was shown on the cover and within that ashcan will no longer be mass printed… buzz words and terms like “rare!” and “htf!” come to mind :roll_eyes:

Havent seen or received any emails from Diamond or IDW about the book being allocated. Seems like a fake rumor to drive up interest.

Tis a reason I don’t do FB… everything about Facebook is fake… most of the time.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard anything from IDW or Diamond about allocations. It’s definitely IDW’s biggest release of the year, and it’s fully returnable, hard to imagine they would allocate. If they had an error in printing or something they’d just push the release back again before releasing it with 80% of the issues missing.

1 Like

2 Likes

well…

The plot thickens!

1 Like

This wasn’t even a spec play for me though. I pre-ordered one copy to read…

2 Likes

I ordered a few of the store variants early and sold them for a decent return. BUT the book kept getting delayed so I refunded everyone and vowed to no longer sell books prior to being in hand.

1 Like

This is why I never sell until I have in hand. You never know what condition they’re in either.

3 Likes

TFAW has them available at $7.19/ limit 3 for those who have yet to purchase a copy or two.
https://www.tfaw.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-the-last-ronin-1-of-5-cover-a-eastman-kuhn.html

I believe the allocation is 8 for every 10 ordered, not 2 for every 10 ordered.

@RipCityGamer will you guys be putting the 2nd print up? Quick turn around with a 10/26 FOC.