Todd’s Pickups and Sales Thread

I believe this covers the last Lara Croft Tomb Raider first appearance I don’t have and came with a related book for under $14.

As well another copy of Michael Turners Ekos Preview. I paid $18.50. I really need to get the Con Exclusive cover but it’s pretty pricey.

Here’s the Con Cover I’m looking for.

3 Likes

March is starting off slow for me after a hot mid-late February. One small sale on 3/1.

I’m on the cusp of making an offer on a grail book (for me)…but likely need $200 more to make a reasonable offer. So I wait…

3 Likes

Today is the day!!! You have to have faith. Today a copy of Ultimate X-Men #1 finally sells to a non subscriber.

72 copies came in
13 for subscribers/presales at 25 % off cover
One of those also grabbed one of the 10 ratio’s and the 25 ratio.
$216 due in 60 days to pay for them
$100.50 back in in sales so far.
So we haven’t even gotten half way to break even yet.
At least we have 57 more and some 2nd printings on the way.

So far this week not a single new this week comic has sold online. Lots of back issues but not a single hot off the presses issue. Walk in traffic has been nonexistent since a busy Saturday as well. I’m assuming the dam is about to break any minute now. Either that or we’re taking UX1 below cover price pretty soon. Appears to be no interest at cover price currently.

I’m assuming we’re in that doldrum between those getting and blowing early filing tax return checks/anticipation loans and those scrambling to figure out how to pay what they may owe. The late fillers and procrastinators should be starting to show up with some refund money to blow over the next 45 days.

In the meantime, Calica should be leading a pride of Thundercats to liven things up in 3 days.

2 Likes

Picked up for $37.80 first Princess Fisk.

I also picked up Planetary 1-14 and the Gen-13 Preview issue for $14.52.

3 Likes

Sold for $150

Sold for $55

6 Likes

Picked up the first appearance of Parasite for $13.50. Not the greatest shape but I filled a hole in a box.

6 Likes

Amazing grab! Parasite gets overlooked as a legit threat to Superman!

2 Likes

$18 including shipping.

8 Likes

Paid $11.05

5 Likes

I love those Mephisto vs. books. I somehow found all 4 in dollar bins in nice condition.

2 Likes

$11.86 Pickup.

7 Likes

Paid $34.02 Canadian Dollars. Too lazy to check the exchange rate or bank account.

Includes all the “key” issues Except #1. Paid $61.56 USD.

7 Likes

Sold for $30

9 Likes

I’ll do it for you. The exchange rate is 1.379, so $34.02 Canadian dollars equals $26.67 US dollars.

2 Likes

Thats a cool cover. Didn’t even know it existed lol

1 Like

That a newsstand? I’ve always liked that cover.

I believe there was an even more recent homage as well.

I have a lot of that Incredible Hulk run in newsstand as I was between comic shops.

1 Like

Paid $30.46 mainly for the Tomb Raider/Witchblade books. Which appeared to be nice clean copies. Hopefully they ship them properly.

4 Likes

They had quite a few cool covers in that volume of Hulk.