Unethical Conduct By LCS

That’s not what you said. You said too 10% of wage earners which is actually 30% of the countries population. It’s math manipulation.

No. There is a difference between saying 10% of all Americans and top 10% of the wage earners. It’s like saying 50% of people eat boogers therefore all men eat boogers since they are 50% (roughly) of the population. Using math to support your argument

All this booger talk is making me hungry. I’m in the minority on a lot of things.

2 Likes

If we’re distorting sample sizes to make generalizations 60% of america eats boogers based on my household sample size.

Of the 60% Brendon, I would hope 40% chooses to not eat them, rather than wants to eat them, but they are unavailable? :slight_smile:

It is what I said though. Go read it again. I said the top 10% rich which is the same as top earners control 84% of the stock being traded. If the top 10% is also 30% of the population, saying either is correct.

If the top 10% earners is 30% of the population…

Then both of the following statements are true:

The top 10% earners control 84% of the stock market.

30% of the population control 84% of the stock market.

Not sure why you say its math manipulation… Its just two different ways to state the facts based on percentages.

Is the glass half empty or half full? :roll_eyes:

Back to my original response about the stock market not a good measure of how well the overall economy is doing…

If only 30% of Americans control 84% of the stock (and thats only assuming if all 30% actually do buy and own stock actively)… That leaves 70% only owning and controlling 14% (which could be even a smaller % actually owning 14% of the remaining stock)… Just because stocks are doing well doesnt mean Americans are necessarily doing well, which was my original argument. Your just arguing semantics at this point. I’m not saying being in the top 10% of overall earners is a bad thing. I’m saying the top earners who have the luxury of buying and selling stock is not a good measurement of the overall health of our economy. Too many other factors involved. :wink:

The stock market is nothing to do with the economy, thats why it has gone up a the same time millions have been let go…the stock market does not gauge the average persons wealth, but the richest in a nation stimulus tends to go to their companies 1st…us 2nd if at all.

Thats exactly what I’m saying. I hate when economists and politicians claim the economy is great cause the DOW Jones is doing good… It’s utter nonsense.

Kids/adolescents are part of the population…I think they make up 25-30%. So if we are saying the top 10% is 30% of the population…it’s really more like 43% of the potentially employed population because why are we including kids in this sample as they don’t earn wages?

Apparently 95% of all working Americans are in work right now…according to what was said the other day…seems impossible to me with nearly a million claiming every week since March…and most businesses being shut

Hey… I’ve been unemployed before… Finding a job is a full time job… :innocent:

1 Like

I think thats a reason why Forbes where I got the info describes them as the top 10% earners… Which means people actually earning a working wage in some fashion or form.

Yes you may be right, but here is a link to definitions…I think we fit all indicators not just a few…except bank failures, which won’t happen if currency printing continues a pace

Wikipedia? Really? That’s your source? Please, this isn’t cbsi comic book speculation.
Again, there is no hard definition of, what you are calling, a depression. There is a hard definition for a recession, but not for a depression, no matter how many wiki pages you link. :man_shrugging:

Ok back in topic. All this economic bullshit is making my skin crawl.

2 Likes

I’d be ok calling all of 2020 a depression in just about any way you look back at it.

If it wasn’t for comic book sales and pick-ups this year…well, it would just suck that much more.

1 Like

Many people confuse the stock market with the actual economy.

Stock market =/= economy

‘The markets have a great deal of speculation involved and is about 6-12 months ahead of the real economy. It is going up due to a number of factors. Multiple vaccines are around the corner, massive international money printing, and continued domestic fiscal stimulus.

The markets are a forward looking instrument and are predicting that 2021 will have an improved outlook based on the current information barring a black swan event.

1 Like

If you look at the bottom of the wiki article, under the word references, you can see where the info comes from. Including your bureau of national statistics. And Paul Krugman…does wiki referencing them void their comments/opinions…anyway…think what you wish, …time will tell.