Vaccine......Yes or No?

The difference being, this vaccine has been worked on and approved by tens, if not hundreds, of independent countries and scientists. That should at least give you some solice towards thinking it/them are safe. I would imagine that most of the trials you were involved in in the past were not so scrutinized as the vaccine for a year and half long global pandemic was. M2c. :+1:

2 Likes

Put me in that category too. I literally can’t remember the last time I was sick with anything other than, maybe, the common cold. My sister is the same.

Me rarely ever getting sick only means I’ll probably have the most drawn out painful death when that time comes… no going in my sleep peacefully for me… :wink:

1 Like

I agree, normally vaccines takes about 10 years or more for clinical trials, but the fact that it has now been given to hundreds of millions of people is fastracking the rate of testing and discovery of adverse effects. The possible problem I see the is unknown medium to long term side effects. But at this point, stemming the current pandemic should still be better.

Actually, the fact that you have hardly been sick probably means more anti-biotics will work for you, and gives you a better chance of circumventing pathogenic immunity.

My 2nd shot was rough for a short while afterwards but worth it. Watched Netflix and went to sleep early, felt fine afterwards so it wasn’t like a real illness but just a slight inconvenience.

Who here has been taking supplements to boost their immune systems?

1 Like

I like tangerines … Does that count?

3 Likes

Last I checked 1000 documented cases of the flu in the US this year and no deaths. As opposed to 1000s deaths on average.

Here’s a link to and article Why the Flu Season Almost Disappeared This Year

Now, part of that is some people who would have died from the flu likely died of Covid…and some of that is many that had flu symptoms didn’t go to the doctors if it wasn’t bad (more likely just got tested for Covid if anything). But I think we can all agree Masking kicked the flu’s ass this years. But it also shows how much more communicable and dangerous Covid really is statistically relative to the flu.

1 Like

Much love for you man. Be well.

1 Like

New federal legislation gives you a mandatory day of PTO once you’ve had the shot. So, in a sense, you have a government mandated pay day.

1 Like

Well the government incentivizing hospitals to diagnose patients as Covid-related probably had something to do with it.

4 Likes

Looking at another article…one pediatric death from the flu this season. So maybe not “no” deaths as I originally stated. I can’t find a total US deaths, but world wide looks like around 500 per this article, versus 20,000 plus the year before.

1 Like

I have had flu once in my life and I guarantee these people who think they have the flu, they don’t have it.

“I got the flu from the vaccine”, no you had a cold incubating in your body before you happened to get the shot.

I remember waking up, signing some documents, my teeth chattering, then falling asleep for 18 hours of fever nightmares. I couldn’t lift my body out of bed. I was pretty sure I was dying.

3 Likes

So a couple of things.

Nick, both my parents had cancer and went through chemo. Cancer survivors are heroes.

I don’t get flu shots. I haven’t had the flu in years. I have really bad allergies and a few colds but haven’t had the flu.

I didn’t hesitate to get the vaccine. I am fully vaccinated. Have been since 4/8/21. They only side effect I had was really bad anticipatory anxiety about getting it. I am good with needles but was more worried about side effects. Shit, my arm didn’t even really hurt. So no side effects for me.

Long term side effects are possible but they are better than the possibility of humanity being wiped out by this damn disease caused by the virus. We didn’t see my mom for the first two months of quarantine and it sucked. We started quarantining together in may.

Funny thing about viruses. They found a link about the inability of viruses to invade/take hold while another virus has already infected a body. This could help with future pandemics, everyone gets the flu or an upper respiratory infection and it shuts down the ability for the second virus to take hold. This has nothing to do with antibodies and more to do with receptors for the infection not accepting the second virus. Need to find the article but extremely interesting. If the world had gotten the flu then covid might not have taken hold. But as a result of covid taking hold, the flu was minuscule.

Lastly thank you all for having this discussion without turning it into a mudslinging contest. You guys rock.

1 Like

Yes under the CARES act hospitals get more for Covid patients. But there’s been no evidence reported (that I’m aware of) hospitals inflating numbers to get more money. Lots of sites fact check this claim. One is below.

1 Like

I heard this helps your immune system, not sure if it’s true but I eat a couple cloves of garlic 3 or 4 times a week, and I haven’t been sick in about 3 years.

3 Likes

I am not an ANTI-VAXXER

I have no PROBLEM taking the VACCINE… BUT

It is not FDA approved yet…
When they give their stamp of ok, I will take it.
I may have to take it sooner, I have some elderly individuals I want to interview and in order to put them at ease I’m sure I’ll have to get vaccinated .

3 Likes

I always eat cloves of garlic with my food. I’m with you on that helping your immune system. Contrary to belief, it does not cause bad breath either. Bad breath is caused by not brushing teeth, tongue and having junk in the gut…

3 Likes

Yes. Just eating foods with the nutrients are sufficient. I only take supplements if a doctor says I’m low in counts and I need a boost. Most of the time, you can’t even process most of the % of vitamins or nutrients in supplements. Like taking a Vitamin D pill with 1000% daily usage amount, most of that is just wasted and not even absorbed.