Vaccine......Yes or No?

Yes; fully vaccinated 28 Jan. Running a nursing home, I have probably had more conversations regarding vaccination, having just topped my 150th PCR/POC test. I have seen people die from it after refusing to get the vaccine, and they weren’t just older adults.

And the most frightening thing is that we have no idea if there are long term effects from having Covid. Playing roulette with your life is a poor choice; I would like to stay around longer to read comics!

2 Likes

My plan is to stay around longer to see kids grow up while sitting with my coffee or beer, staring at some beautiful mountains… I might still be reading comics but they’ll probably digital by then, too many comics are bad for gas mileage when pulling my RV (home) around the country… :wink:

I normally am as well but with millions already taken the Moderna (which I got) with little side effects, I’d rather stay ahead in hopes it leads to the normal life again. After my second dose, am I going to continue wearing a mask? You bet your ass I am, particularly in more crowded areas and with new strains already popping up…

Actually none have been giving the complete “Approved” from FDA. They’re just fast tracking in hopes we start to curb this bullshit…

Also, the more people who get it the faster we can get back to normal.

2 Likes

I’d prefer not to take it but… I’m halfway through full vaccination and I’m sure I’ll be fine.

1 Like

I’ve never had the flu in my life. Never had a flu shot in my life (cause I never got the flu prior, didn’t see the reason to bother). But I got one last October just because I should to help prevent, etc.

1 Like

Wut? Are you an alien? Must be nice not to have ever caught the flu.

Yes, that’s why @Anthony has me tied up in his basement… and that’s the real reason I never got my vaccines, he never lets me! :cry:

lol… I mean I’ve never had a flu shot in my life and never intend on having one, but I’ve had the flu countless times!

Your immune system is god tier. :thinking:

Yes, I’m fully vaccinated. I mentioned I was able to get it a bit earlier due to being kinda fat. I was quite fat, then started losing a bit of weight, but was still big enough my doctor wanted me to get it ASAP. That and some other comorbidities that kinda-sorta tie into my weight and also somewhat exist on their own. I’m not super unhealthy but do have some chronic issues, basically.

As someone who worked in public health for a chunk of years, I’ll simply say vaccines work. I understand hesitancy with these having been made so fast, but consider how basically everything else we were working on was dropped for EVERY scientist to work on a vaccine and it makes sense. Imagine if we put these funds and attention to other chronic issues. We could cure so much…

2 Likes

im was pretty hesitant as well, but than you see the mass cremations going on in India and im like yea give me the shot

1 Like

I got it last august from the trials. its awesome. get any one you can so we can stop wearing masks

I was never anti-vaccine but I never got a flu shot until about 4 years ago(before I had cancer). I would get the flu like once a year and it would be no problem. I would be sick for a few days and then it was over then one year I got this nasty flu strain that knocked me on my ass for a week, like I was in bed for a week and I would need help walking to the bathroom or need to hold onto the bed and the wall or I would fall down. It was just really bad man and I started getting the flu shot after that. Your immune system IS God tier but only for so long. As you get older that fades. Plus it isn’t always about you. It’s about helping others around you. Just because you won’t die from the Flu or even Covid that doesn’t mean the person you pass it to won’t die from it.

3 Likes

My Dad contracted Polio as a child not being vaccinated now it’s pretty much eradicated worldwide by a vaccine 50 years later.

7 Likes

You know what’s funny? Flu season was way down than it normally was this past year… cause people were wearing masks. It just prevents air born virus and bacteria from spreading more easily, so honestly, masks are a good thing if you wanna prevent yourself from spreading or getting others germs. :wink:

4 Likes

yep this is why japan never has a bad flu season, their culture considers it to be good manners to wear masks if sick

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking about getting a BANE mask to just start wearing all the time in public. Or a Winter Soldier with the goggles attached as well.

5 Likes

second shot of moderna this past Monday. Felt like i got pummeled by Tyson in his prime and then walked through a hurricane but all side effects were gone in about 36 hours. Better than catching covid :rofl:

1 Like

If you get the Bane mask which accent you going with? Vaguely British or vaguely Spanish?