Venom #27 3rd print FOC ends today

The only other store Virgin later print I have is Thanos 15 4th print and have the regular too so it’s rare I buy one.

1 Like

I guess I have venom 25 Virgin but that was a $15 throw in to get free shipping.

1 Like

As you said, your deep with Codex, why stop now. Ha.

2 Likes

This is how u lose money. U think ur on top and then u start spending ur miney and the next thing u mkow ur worse then when u started

I collect what I like and I pay to grade them too I collect what I don’t like as well because I understand there is a market for it. Lesson learned long ago with Kamala Khan.

2 Likes

Venom 27 will be the Venom 3 of people who start collecting in two years doesn’t matter how much we are over venom later printings or store variants now.

3 Likes

I can understand that. Im not here to tell anyone how to spend their money. But people look to you as an example and to see u going nuts deep on a book that wont have a good ROI sends the wrong msg and could put people in the hole.

My advice to people is stay away from the store variant, its a higher print run then u think. 3rd print is going to be higher then you think as well. Retailers see threads like this on the spec sites and can make last minute adjustments. This includes “day after foc “ posts. We have till tuesday night to email our reps and put in orders before they are finalized.

Just saying.

1 Like

Wishful thinking on your part. This is why we call it speculation. You could be right. I could be wrong. But i do this for a living. I dont have a day job to fall back on. My gut is telling me to not go deep on this.

1 Like

$50 spent towards a book isn’t deep, if im buying 100 copies of something I use a little more common sense before pulling the trigger. I have multiple 9.8 Thanos #13, teen titan #12, and spidergwen #24 coming back from the graders in two days all to sell there were plenty of naysayers for those books too.

4 Likes

$50 is more then a lot of flippers spend in week on a single title.

Anyways, i realy just wanted to know what the spec on this book was. If it was legit or just FOMO. So far i havent gotten an answer that satisfies my curiosity.

I made $300 off Venom 27 Skan gauntlet covers so it never really cost me anything to keep investing in the character. Codex is the only thing I’m moving that and Shuri, store variants of codex most of my sales these last 2 weeks.

1 Like

One consideration about Codex is that he will likely not end up being a bad guy. While I think Knull will be popular and around for a while (after King in Black), Codex has long-term potential as a hero.

You could also throw in that this Venom run will likely always be considered one of the best comic runs ever (sorry Cates-haters).

And this cover is awesome… Just awesome… But I said that already.

1 Like

Yes, ur re investing. Its a sound strategy. What im asking is what makes this cover so good that u are willing to discuss this at length with me without giving me a true answer. Yes u made money off the store variant. Kudos. I was selling spawn 310. I sold a ton becUse of the last minute BW 1.5 variant. People with fomo wanted the rare ninja spawn cover.

What makes this worth my money to buy and sell?

If you have Venom #3 3rd print you obviously need this to go next to it. Also people were calling Codex future Venom for a reason before anyone knew his name was Codex. It’s cheap it’s better than the 1st 2nd print covers. The cover art was released on the last minute of FOC so it will slip through some cracks not everyone but some.

3 Likes

I tried to order from two of my LCSs tonight and both were closed. This last minute cover could be harder to get then people expect. I bought one off ebay instead. Cover price plus shipping is a good gamble.

1 Like

Ummm… at my peak comic buying, I was spending $200-$300 a week avg. Not normally all on one title but I’ve easily approached that amount at times every so often.

Alana lives in Hawaii, where only rich people live anyways… let her spend all her golden pocket lint on comics… :wink:

I got to flip video game systems next week on top of comics things going to get hectic.

1 Like

Selling out online some shops dont even have it.

Was havin a discussion on FB n a venom group and was debating the better non store variant Codex cover. Venom 25 2nd print or 27 3rd print

1 Like

Tell u what, tell me how many cooys u want and i will sell them to u for cover olus shipping