Venom 28 SPOILERS, DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED

Ok so some clarification needed… so if Gargan is Virus would his first appearance hold value? Or his venomized appearance? Or when he lost the suit? And Dylan is pretty easy because his would b his first appearance and then his appearance as Codex.

Is that a word? Lol.

No. They are not.

Just like the Maker’s first appearance is Ultimate Fantastic Four #1, not Fantastic Four #1

Right, so Venom #27 is the first full appearance of Codex ,and IF the character has staying power, like Venom, it would be a key. Dylan is a separate entity in speculation terms.

And I got a gauntlet cover for that too hmmmm coincidence :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I prefer the tongue variant…not from a spec so much, but just because a venom with a gauntlet has nothing to do with the story in the book as it stands today.

But whatever…people gonna buy what they wanna buy…

I do have a 9.8 potential tongue variant I bought on the day of release for $15. Tried to sell it for $100 raw…took it down and will send it off to cgc at some point.

No, Venom books stay down! I haven’t built up my full run yet!

1 Like

LoL yeah still missing some issues myself

Hold value? I don’t think so. This virus may be a flash in the pan for all we know.

Dump’em if you got’em, I say.

1 Like

A few thoughts…

This is bad news for Virus/Codex spec. Would’ve been much better if they were new characters completely.

Virus spec completely dead? In the panels not only does Mac drop the Virus name, he drops the suit too and somehow becomes a giant knull scorpion logo creation. So Virus looks to be done.

This news shouldn’t (but it will) pop Dylan books as it’s Ultimate Dylan not 616 Dylan. Typically Ultimate versions of 616 characters aren’t great. 616 Dylan still hasn’t become what he’s going to yet which is likely the important transformation. No one cared a ton about Ultimate Anne Weying (Agent Venom), why would they care so much about Ultimate Dylan? Makes me also think he’s probably short lived as well. We “should” see transformation Dylan by King in Black time as he’s likely the one to stop Knull.

2 Likes

It is interesting that a guy whose videos get 100s of View’s and only 1000 subscribers broke this news.

The Venom video has been up 7 hours And has 100 views. I’m sure a lot are from here.

1 Like

Wait til Dylan becomes Codex in 616. Then we will see a blowup. : ). The name is just too good to go away.

I didn’t have much faith in Virus spec cos he was supposed to be released on FCBD, but Virus is a great name, so I expect to see it again in some form.

1 Like

None of that what Earth they come from matters anymore since the events of Spiderverse and Spidergeddon we treat all those Spider characters from different Earths as new characters all the same. Spidergwen makes portals and pops to different Earths regularly.

1 Like

Exactly, just like Miles.

You are agreeing with my point.

Codex is Ultimate Dylan so he’s a new character. He’s not Dylan from 616. So it shouldn’t (but it will) pop Dylan books because it’s not the same character.

That being said, what 1610 character (who wasn’t brand new like Miles) that has an earlier 616 version of themselves really has had long term legs? That’s why i was hoping Codex was a completely new 1610 character (like Miles).

While yes storyline wise it doesn’t matter what Earth, but spec wise people usually relate more to the original version and the Ultimate Version becomes an afterthought quickly. Ultimate universe stories come and go. 616 stories will always be there.

We all know this arc ends at Venom 30, which then leads into King in Black, it’s very likely they kill off Codex in 30 before moving onto the bigger bad in Knull in KiB.

Interesting theory, but it is unlikely they will kill off Codex yet in this arc (if ever), as they just introduced him the prior issues, I think they may learn more about his abilities, return to 616, and then use the knowledge/powers in King in Black. Still possible of course, but I feel unlikely.

I have a converse view about Codex being Dylan, he may still ultimately become 616 Codex. Just because Miles was introduced first outside 616 doesn’t mean the converse cannot happen. Alternatively, Dylan also may morph into something else. Either way, the evolution is interesting.

Post Spiderverse, watch for more reality criss-crossing in both media and comics.

They literally just did this with Virus. So don’t bank on that theory. Cates made a big deal about him and he’s already dropped the name and suit in 2 issues.

Cates also did the same with Black Winter and Cosmic Ghost Rider. Killed them off after a few issues.

I’m not saying any are permanent deaths, none are in comics, but Cates does kill off characters in their first arc.

Miles is one character. Dylan now has 2 versions. Different scenario.

They won’t make the Ultimate version and the 616 version the same character. Kind of defeats the storyline purpose of having two versions.

Codex is the evil version, a soldier in Knull’s army, the 616 version will be the opposite, a hero (who finally breaks out from being a wuss) who saves the world from Knull. IMHO.

I’m going to sketch a face mask on wussy Dylan Venom #10 Tan variant then people will want it.

Could be, but I still feel unlikely. He just ‘killed’ off Black Winter, which makes me think he won’t go the same ol’ boring route.