Venom 28 SPOILERS, DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED

Sure, that is a possibility. Either way I doubt we have seen the last of Codex, even after this wraps up.

Looks like the 1:100 wasn’t the only Venom #27 with problems.

2 Likes

Wow, I need to check on all my regular covers now, lol.

As with comics, no one stays dead. So we are in agreement there.

But my point is that ultimate versions of established 616 characters rarely pan out long term so my best guess to a better spec book (and long term character in the venom 616 universe where most stories are told) would be whatever Dylan transforms into in 616.

Now if it’s not a new character transformation (Eddie becoming Venom) and it’s just Dylan using his powers, then the spec might just be with Venom 7/9.

The market typically goes character over “human” appearance (Eddie/Venom, Cleatus/Carnage, Anne/She-Venom) but not always (Kamala/Ms Marvel, Riri/Ironheart).

Confirmed by more then once source? It wouldn’t likely be one copy.

You’d think someone would’ve caught that by now. Any reader would notice it.

I kinda had the hunch Codex was Dylan anyway, especially after finding out it was not 616.

So, we “assume” Dylan will finally transform in 29 or 30. Perhaps when Codex drops him from a highrise a transformation will occur. I seriously doubt Cates will give him the same superhero/villain name of “Codex”.

Hopefully he kills Dylan kinda over Opie in the Venom storyline.

Well, more names, more keys, win-win I guess.

I initially thought these reveals would hurt the spec on Virus and Codex. Then I thought about it

• there are multiple Miles Morales
  • there are multiple Peter Parkers
  • there are multiple Reed Richards
  • there are multiple Gwen Stacys

so on and so on.

All of these multiples are spec’ed on still. So these reveals in Venom #28 shouldnt hurt these “new” characters.

1 Like

Interesting post, especially when considering the fact that Spider-Gwen is arguably the most popular iteration of Gwen Stacy.

The true and real Gwen Stacy is the dead one
 Keep’em dead I say

Do you really think Cates is going to reveal what 616 Dylan is this far ahead of King in Black? That doesn’t sound like Cates at all. If anything, it’s another one of his plot twists to throw people off the scent.

1 Like

It does if they are both different bodies/entities.

Just be sure to have it witnessed by someone authorized by cgc or cbcs. THen send it in as “remarked by Alana.”

Otherwise you’re just defacing (pun intended) a comic such that it’s worthless.

:grin:

I don’t understand the logic for going after marvel knights spiderman 10. If you’re specing on ultimate Mac Gargan, then he first appears in issue 9. The fact he bonds to Venom in 10 is just one milestone in his story, up until his current form. If he’s no longer scorpion, and no longer venom, and no longer virus, then you really just want his first overall appearance, which is in issue 9. Unless he appears somewhere before then, but as far as I know the first is issue 9.

He truly, “Becomes,” Venom in that issue, is the logic, I guess?

But he isn’t Venom anymore. He was Virus and now he’s some sort of hybrid/mashup.

I’m trying to remember, which Earth is Virus from? Is it 616 or 1610. I’d have to go back and read 25/26 again.

Either way it’s the same reason Venom 7/9 will pop for this. People go back to the earliest iteration of the character (even though it may be a different character) to get the first and ASM 19/20 is out of people’s reach so they go to the next first which is his first as venom.

Unless of course you think Cates won’t likely do that, so he does the opposite instead to throw people off that think he is trying to throw them off. Permutations of permutations abound.