Venom 28 SPOILERS, DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED

616 is where he was ‘betrayed’ by Eddie and forced to eventually be skewered by Carnage, resulting in spinal trauma.

That the thing though. The earliest iteration is in marvel knights Spider-Man 9. This is the ultimate version, so different than ASM 19. He becomes venom in marvel knights spiderman 10 but the spec is on the character, not on the character as venom.

Isn’t Virus from 616 though? Didn’t he follow Eddie/Dylan through the Portal to 1610?

Which would make him 616 Mac.

I could be wrong. I’d have to go back and read again. Haven’t had coffee yet. Ha.

My apologies. It’s been forever since I touched a MK book. I didn’t remember those were 1610 not 616 stories. I assumed that was 616 Mac there.

That would be correct.

@Venomismypassion I’m curious your thoughts on this news as someone who is highly invested in Virus and Codex. Iirc you have 100s of each.

Happy? Mad? Indifferent? Need more info?

2 Likes

I need more info. In particular about Virus.

Not surprised about Dylan being Codex, we called that a month ago.

We already knew Virus was someone else. I’m curious if he stays Virus though. Didn’t he say he needed the suit to survive?

I’ve always looked at this purchase from a long-term perspective, so I try to avoid any knee-jerk reactions.

Time will tell, but I still think 25-28 are important books regardless of what happens.

1 Like

From the panels it appears he’s got a new suit and dropped the virus name. He’s onto a knull style scorpion now. Hard to see in the dark images and without a ton of context but that’s what it looked like to me. Seems he’s done with it.

LOL, this is why I need more info. He said he isn’t changing his name when Codex suggested it.

I need 28, 29 and 30 in my hands STAT. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Virus was a stupid hero name anyways…

1 Like

He isn’t changing his name to Virus. Eddie isn’t taking away his original name.

He says from now on I’m Mac Gargan and then Codex refers to him as Mr. Gargan from there.

So it seems the Virus name is done.

We will see a few days before the 23rd when Anthony/Poyo posts the spoilers the full context.

Yeah, he did say that, but he meant he was not changing his name from his original name and in the next panel he says… I am “SCORPION” but it looks like he has a new suit and Symbiotized Scorpion logo. So I guess he retains his old name. Seems a bit abrupt though since he just swooped in as Virus, so someone may pick up the moniker in future, which would probably be better than Gargan.

“I believe Dylan is that Codex”.

Is that the reference that is being used to say that Dylan is Codex? That sounds like something that would be said to mislead readers on purpose. Does anyone know who is saying this in the image?

I believe that was The Maker who said it.

I didn’t even see that part. Was that in the video?

It’s been a long time since anything was “done” in comics. Virus will be back. Maybe the appearance of Virus will be equivalent to ASM 252, and he will become something different at a later point? He may be a virus after-all?

The top panel was cut off just above the text “SCORPION!”

I need to watch it again… lol.

I had to zoom in, it is the 2nd page he shows I think. I can’t make out the text on the bottom right panel though, maybe you can try.

If you went in big on virus, hedge your bet buy getting marvel knights spiderman 9. 1st Mac Gargan in ultimate universe.

If this Mac Gargan is the 616 Scorpion from ASM 19, then that’s the book you want, unless you want his current form which is whatever he is in Venom 28. Or maybe he becomes a gerbil in Venom 28 and that’s the book you’ll want… either way, you want the 1st time the character appears overalls, or the latest iteration of the character if they take on a new power set, identity, etc.

Does anyone know for sure if this is 616 Mac or Ultimate Mac?