Venom #29

Im sure he could, but lets be honest, retailers are like collectors right now … FOMO

1 Like

Very true… I’m sure the massive influx of cash is hard to resist.

With all this news and the Momoko Batman Detective comics 1027 goes on sale tommorrow. I wanted order it but damb knowing what I know that book wont reach me till Nov Dec maybe and the book releases in 2 weeks.

Im not worried about when it will reach me. I am buying the dective for the art itself. I actually like the cover. If ur looking to flip it then i would look elsewhere

1 Like

My phone did not hear me right on this reminder (which yes I did again for 1:15 for early entry):

Frankies I believe is the one ordering for the partner store groups as he’s mentioned the time it takes to split stuff up, inspect everything, and ship them to the partner stores.

yes, that could very well be the case, but that is just one part of the whole picture. still things to do before that part. I dont know if he splits the work with the other retailers or not.

Still waiting for Gotham Comics to ship my Peach Canto II Books…

Glad I didn’t list one up for presale like those listing Frankie’s books…

Look, if anyone listed a Frankie’s book before they had it in hand on eBay (not naming anyone) I think they had the best intentions of flipping it in good time as they usually ship on time 99% of the time. Maybe these people thought it would be fine to list a book or two and it wouldn’t end up late. Also, maybe these people thankfully have patient and understanding buyers on eBay who understand their preorders will be filled, it just is taking time for the distributor (Fankie’s) to get the books to the seller.
This is all hypothetical.

1 Like

I haven’t ordered from Frankies in a while, but I keep getting emails about delays. SMH

I beleive most the complaints are from pre sale flippers(%65)and the rest are genuine collectors(%35)who want their books because partner sites have shipped out their copies of said books. I’m waiting a few others are waiting and others are upset. I cant knock em u spent money and want the product.

1 Like

I presale flip but I make it clear that they can have a refund if they don’t want to wait when delays occur most people don’t care and just want the books. As long as you assure them they can have their money back if they want it people are understanding. A lot of other flippers are no refunds on preorders like the shops they order them from.

1 Like

That’s a fact!! Your definitely doing it the right way.

Makes sense, @Alana. My hypothetical was about me, in case it wasn’t obvious. My buyers are understanding though, as yours are.

I’ve felt the pressure though having 15 of something pre sold at the mercy of the shop I bought from sending them in a timely manner to make everyone happy it’s a tightrope you got to walk when preselling anything.

I have a number of outstanding orders and NONE of those orders contain store exclusives. I simply dont understand why he keeps piling on more and more exclusives when he cant get orders out in a timely manner. I have patience but it is wearing thin because I would really like to get a previous issue before the next one is hitting stores elsewhere.

Yep I had an order elsewhere for 10 captain Marvel #18s issue #20 came out and I had to email the guy and say the character may die in #21 so I need these before that and he shipped them the next day. :joy:

2 Likes

Your priority should be weekly issue customers over exclusive shop variant covers when running a shop those are your week in week out customers. Variant customers are just there for the next big thing or they collect that artist.

I agree. He really needs to skip a week or 2 of new exclusive listings and focus on hiring, training, and getting caught up before he loses customers. Most of the exclusives are shared and my guess is that the other stores will be getting the bulk of the orders moving forward. Very few actually sell out and Frankie’s might be the one shop holding the most inventory.

Frankie’s update:
We have made our last hire for the weekend shift. Starting tomorrow we will have two people working Saturday and Sunday. Our office will be filling orders 7 days a week. Tuesday-Thursday the office will be working 12 - 13 hours each day.

Thank you for your patience and support during this busy time.

Kevin

Hopefully we see some progress next week