Venom 30

BTW, codex’s exit was so wimpy…so in line with the 616 Dylan character…

Not feeling so good about where Cates is taking 616 Dylan anymore…

It’s all just filler story leading up to the big baddie Knull…

Exactly. Wimpy AF. Not sure that image can be fixed at this point.

I don’t understand how it’s “filler”? Is he not writing this for the first time? Filler to me is an anime making up non canon storylines while the Manga puts out more source material.

The only reason Cates is popular is because of the new characters and spec related to it. It’s not his below average writing. Building up characters for months to just let them fizzle is maddening.

If Codex / Dylan died, I’d consider spec on him dead, but there’s a reason Cates left him looking lethargic and comatose at the end. Same reason Virus is in jail. Because they need to be out of sight / mind so that when they show up in KIB as good guys ready for the good fight, we’ll be ‘surprised’.

1 Like

Filler = fill in space

Dylan was story to fill in leading up to Knull. He’s just a part of the bigger story/picture. That’s what I mean by filler.

1 Like

Dylan is a paper thin character

He hasn’t done much of note yet, has he?

That’s sound logic. If the character design is cool ie codex and virus, the story is secondary when speculating, imo. For new characters, that is critical because people don’t even read the books.

1 Like

Venom 30 2nd print… I totally forgot this scene.

… I just read it last night and I am 99.99% sure this is not a panel from the book.

I’m 1000% sure it wasn’t in Venom #30 since it was a panel in Venom #29. :wink:

Lmao then I stand corrected. Just seen it posted n went off the caption.

Now that you say it, I remember the panel lol!