WalMart Packs - 3Q21

Are we sure these people aren’t faking the good books? I mean 1:1000 as fillers?!

3 Likes

As much as I want to believe that people are pulling out this high ratio variants from the 3-packs…it just seems a far stretch that Diamond would dump these instead of offering them to retailers at a discount…

2 Likes

Bought 6 packs yesterday. Got the Demon Days #1 1:500, Amazing Spiderman 55 2nd print 1:50, shattered Guardians of the Galaxy 13 variant and a bunch of non-exciting stuff. They are real.

What I found odd were people pulling store exclusives.

Store exclusives ??? Which ones ?

2 Likes

It’s why I’m calling bullshit. I don’t see how it’s possible that they’d have store exclusives. I’m not buying the high end ratios on books that are a few months old either.

1 Like

I got the Shattered GotG #13, which I think was a store exclusive. I also got the Non-Stop Spiderman Parrillo #1, but dinged top corner. Surprised they were in there.

You may think it is bullshit, but I would recommend you go to your Walmart and buy some. For all of mine the best book was the 3rd, and you can see on the spine what they look like.

How would a store exclusive, that diamond wouldn’t have as they’d of all gone to the store or stores end up in a Walmart pack? They (Walmart via a vendor) get them from diamond not the stores that ordered them. The only ones diamond would have would be damages. Unless the stores don’t have to send the damages back. Either way it’s suspicious and seems like an impossibility.

Definitely legit. At least I believe it to be. I mean, store exclusives are printed at the same facility as FOC books. And print shops always print overages. When a store orders 3000, the printer is not printing 3000. I’m sure it’s not a ton over, but some.

I think Marvel knows exactly what they are doing here.

For what it’s worth, it seems like most of the good incentives are coming from Star Wars and Alien, although that might just be what people are buying more of.

I’d bet money that these “opening” videos makers have a bunch of Walmart packs to sell.

I will have to check out Walmart when I get a chance.

People be like “damn can’t believe I just found this in a Wal-Mart 3 pack”

7 Likes

There’s… sort of… precedence for such a thing. Wizards of the Coast put classic, famous cards (in their marketing, “priceless treasures”) in the first run of Zendikar in like 2009. They were very, very rare, but people bought those boxes!

I will say I struck out on these. A couple books I’m ok with adding to the collection, but the only incentive I found was the lame 1:10 Eternals #1. Happy hunting! Marvel was smart to add a few good books, as I bet they sell a ton of the packs this time.

2 Likes

I cant vouch for all the books I’ve seen posted, but I did find a ASM Gleason 55 2nd print 1:50 (see my earlier post). This morning, I picked up an Aliens pack and found a 1:200 Eternals 1 KIRBY CRACKLE (??) incentive ratio variant at the bottom. The cover is purple with a bunch of yellow splotches on it (back and front). This cover doesnt really do anything for me and at first glance, I didnt think much of it; thought I wasted my money ! However, on checking this book, I discovered that this was the 1:200 variant.

So if interested, an indication of this book is to look for yellow and purple color splotches along the spine.

I am tempted to pick up some more, but am worried about ending up with crap. Would love to find some of the other covers indicated above. Just dont have the patience to squint along the spine and try to match up with some of the color covers shown. The white covers may be an indication of a ratio variant, but aside from the ASM 55, I really cant vouch for any others.

I’d like to view some of the unpacking videos. Anyone sharing links ?

2 Likes

I went with the “find white spines” approach today, as many of the higher incentive books found are white/mostly white. Found two, but struck out both times. Instead of retire-early 1:10,000 books, I got these:

Never was very good at gambling.

I was curious if anyone knew this white cover seen here. Four pink/red horizontal lines near the top, and seven similar lines lower. Guessing a junky 2nd print of an X title, but figured it was unique enough for someone to decipher it.

Just peel back the wrapper if you want to know…

1 Like

Those are 1:200s? Haha. I pulled those in each of my Alien 4 packs, didn’t think anything of it. I’m about to undercut the heck out of the current lowest offer on eBay to try to sell these. Can’t imagine they will sell easily if ever. Really ugly cover.

Just got an ASM 63 design variant in a black cat pack. Struck out on second.

Imgur

I bought some packs today. Will open them up and see what I got!

2 Likes

So, who feels really good about buying 1:50 and higher ratio variants from marvel going forward?

2 Likes