WalMart Packs - 3Q21

All the pulls I’ve seen from this most recent batch got me thinking about that… :thinking:

It’s always blown my mind people buying 1:1000 anyways lol

1 Like

It’s legit. I found two MK’s and my buddy found one as well.

Imgur

Imgur

5 Likes

Wow. Nice!

Since it seems to be many of the same books, Has anyone taken a moment to see if people are listing these ratio variants and undercutting each other to the point they are practically worthless now?

Great if these are for the PC, but might be difficult to move them.

1 Like

Will happen

2 Likes

I was surprised too. Ugly cover. I have to research what ‘Kirby’ has to do with it. Haven’t had a chance to gauge the market yet.

One sold yesterday for $246.50, and two are listed at $1,500 lol

1 Like

FYI, for the Gleason 1:50, the lines don’t match up with the ‘web’ lines on the actual cover. I used a pic that was posted on a similar topic on the CGC Forums. For me, this was the easiest to identify. Thanks for posting your pics. Sorry it didn’t pan out for you. I am thinking if there are any ‘virgin’ ratios, MAYBE the tell is that there wouldn’t be a barcode visible on the spine. Haven’t tested the theory though. Still skittish about buying stuff that I don’t want.

As posters above have stated, it makes you think about variants in general. And yes, I expect the flood to undercut prices. I will be listing my ‘Kirby’ copy as I am not feeling it. Maybe the movie is causing a buzz …

Most of these are from books that saw no heat, the asm 55 was clearly over printed alot

1 Like

I opened my packs and got nothing good. I really wanted a Moon Knight!

2 Likes

I’m just throwing this out there: Wal Mart has been in the practice of repacking and reselling damaged, undesirable, or overstock magic, Pokémon, and other trading card packs for many years. These are potentially print but not ordered incentives sitting at a warehouse.

1 Like

Diamond dumping since penguin is taking over.

1 Like

Interesting theory…

Wonder what Penguin is going to do with overstock incentives…

90’s all over again…

That’s what I told my buddy other day. Diamond dumping warehouse stock, either damaged returns or damage replacements. But I don’t blame them. If they can get anything for books sitting there, assuming they are theirs to sell and Wally is willing to buy, why not.

Am I going to undercut on MK right now, nope. People know they’re out there right now and will sell as quickly as possible. For $9 I’m willing to hold and see if any heat transpires upon movie / series in the future.

1 Like

Are these ratios showing up damaged in the 3 packs?

If this is Diamond dumping their ratios, it pushes the idea further how shitty they really are. Wouldn’t it have been better to put them up for sale for really deep discounts to retailers who have been dealing with them over these many, many years?

…but this is Diamond, so forget wisdom in any way shape or form. There are already more than a handful of retailers that cannot wait until Penguin takes over.

Once more retailers are aware of how these high ratios are being dumped, I would think it’s only going to get worse for Geppi & Co.

I mean really, without their shady monopoly, would anyone seek this entity out to willingly do business with them?

2 Likes