Walking Dead being reprinted in color

Show ended at the end of the All Out War for me… it’s been done for a while… :wink:

I think more of an issue then the time elapsed is the overall success of the trades and omnibuses.

You could find the omnibuses everywhere including stores like Walmart and target.

And on top of that they already did the TWD Weekly reprints plus also the bagged reprints with new covers.

Anyone who has wanted to read TWD, has.

Colorized pages I think just appeal to the completists. Will be interesting how far they go with it.

I agree to an extent. Newer fans have the opportunity to onboard to a colorized world instead of the B/W. I doubt existing fans will jump and buy them - unless, as you say, the completist needs it. Maybe if the new WD show (clearly geared at the younger audience) takes off, you get additional readers.

I have to say, I bought issue 1 (with the B cover - original, but re-colored) just for the sake of it being the first issue. But, I really liked this. The quality of the card stock covers, the paper, the coloring, etc is excellent. I watched the first 7 or so seasons, then got tired of the repetitive storytelling, so I’m far from a super fan. But, since I wasn’t collecting in 2003, this is fun to get these first, reimagined issues. Plus, they add some extras into each book, like original concepts, issue outlines, behind the scenes stories about the issue, etc.

I grabbed book 2 today and will continue to get these B, original covers. No spec value, just fun to see these done in a different way. I’d recommend giving them a shot if you were a fan.

2 Likes

Yeah I was planning on doing this until issue 20. Will see if I manage to last that long.

Def agree with the quality of the books/covers, and like you, have been picking up the Cover Bs.

I guess I’m working towards the “first appearance” of Michonne, which I believe is in issue #18, and 20 felt like a good round number to stop at. We’ll see if I make it that far - will def be picking up issue #18 regardless.

I can see myself picking up the deluxe/colored omnibus if they ever print such a thing.

Oh they’ll be doing trades, hardcovers, and omnibuses of the colored-in stuff. Kirkman ain’t gonna passs on that money!

Skyboung XPO tomorrow with some very low print CGC slabs being sold:

A few others.

1 Like

Xpo should have more mystery boxes too. The only mystery boxes I’ve ever done and had any luck with, although everyone’s mileage can vary with those.

I did ok with one of their mystery boxes, too. Got a 9.8 of Walking Dead 100 (first Negan) and was able to sell most of the other stuff to recoup the initial cost.

I have a feeling the WD foil slabs above will be selling for $400 later this week.