Walking Dead ending

https://i.imgur.com/6NUthlI.png (Page 1)

https://imgur.com/LvrDGaO (Page 2)

Found these new images. Page 2 was what was in the first Twitter link.

The ones that Kirkman says in the 193 Letter Hacks are the fake covers they came up with? Those ones?

Itā€™s the ones where he talks about ending the series and gives out Thank Yous.

Todd Mcfarlane said in Previews before Spawn started that it would only go 30-40 issues. Talked about how he then wanted to move on and tell a different story and not be faced with another franchise like Spider Manā€¦

Plans change all the time for creators

Going to be weird next month with no more TWD really gotta hand it to Kirkman for what he pulled off.

No surprise he could have some shenanigans with solicits doing the inverse of Die Die Die.

Hes really being a champ by warning everyone on Twitter too that the spoilers will spread as more people get their copies

The retailers who have been pushing it all day many are making clear 1 copy per

Its a great piece of comics news. Its just sad so many are in denialā€¦but hey that is the first step of grief right?

ā€œBut there are solicitsā€
You got workedā€¦
ā€œBut I orderedā€
You got workedā€¦
ā€œBut these covers are outā€
You got worked

Just get your copies. I swear some folks are going to still be denying a week after it comes out.

ā€œSome ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  are always trying to ice skate uphillā€

Is this supposed to be a big deal? TWD has not been relevant for a year or two, as far as speculation or making any real noise in the market. It is nice closure for those who are still reading, but I dont get all the excitement.

1 Like

Still in stock right now at Diamond so I bought another 80 copies. Iā€™m drawing the line though, no more reorders!!!

Update, as of 8:30 AM EST itā€™s now showing SOLD OUT at Diamond. That has me thinking that any offerings of later Printings might be at twice the cover price like rebirth did.

True that ā€¦ my pull and hold list on WD customers has consistently shrunk for some time ā€¦ as well, I think itā€™s high time AMC ended the show ā€¦ ā€œFear the Walking Deadā€ is much more interesting ā€¦ :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Fake news?

Just kidding. The hype is shock value at best. Sell/flip quick. No one will care a month from now. Theyā€™ll move on.

The real speculation here is what is going to happen to the early key issues value now that the comic is overā€¦and then when the show inevitably ends?

This may be the last opportunity to get some value at of them before it drops like a stone.

Found my copies and can confirm all the pictures and pages floating about are legit. Itā€™s also square bound and appears to have double the advertised thickness and weight.

Immortal Hulk 20 has every other copy with Carnage-ized Trade Dress also keeping the streak going.

2 new shows are coming out for a total of 4 shows and then the trilogy of Rick movies to boot. #1 will stay where itā€™s at. #2, 3, 19 should float around the same. The rest of the series including rare variants may drop time will tell.

I had read TWD from issue #1 (retroactively) up until the time Andrea died. I stopped buying and reading it every month shortly after that. If I had known it was ending, I probably would have seen the series through to the end. I wonder how many others, who have dropped that title in the last 18 months, would have felt the same way and stuck through till the end.

I read up until around Andrea died as wellā€¦ I donā€™t feel the same. I was done and happy I saved my money by not buying anymore issues.

I feel like Kirkman let me walk out of his never ending zombie movie, with no warning that there was only 10 minutes left on the run time.

The Walking Dead #193 2nd Ptg. ([MAY198901D](javascript:ShoppingCart(ā€˜MAY198901ā€™);), $3.99) is open for orders now through Monday, July 8 . Est Ship Date 7/31/2019

I noticed they didnā€™t double the cover price like DC did. No cover art released yet.

Am I seeing it right? Despite multiple copies for sale in the $30 range thereā€™s a sale for $99.95? That canā€™t be right.

$99.99 also and thatā€™s on a Preorder for copies Iā€™m guessing he will not get until the 15th if he reordered Monday like the rest of the stores from Diamond.!!!

Luckily I have a copy already pre-ordered with my monthly pulls so Iā€™m hoping it ships considering the same online retailer is now selling them for $9.99 limit 1. However, I went into my LCS yesterday morning at opening and they had #183 already on the wall for $12.99. I even heard the clerk tell his coworker the two on the wall just sold and to get more copies from the back. Iā€™m speculating their asking price would rise throughout the day as more copies sold.

I know thereā€™s arguments to be made on both sides surrounding these business practices but itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve ever experienced something like this on the first day. Did anyone else have problems finding a copy locally for cover? I just wanted to get a second copy in hand yesterday so I could read the ending as my pulls only ship monthly.

And yes, I reluctantly purchased the book for $12.99 so I could read the story. Crappiest thing is my wife had me work in the garden last night after work so I still havenā€™t read the book although I paid the higher admission price. lol

1 Like

Thatā€™s where the misconception comes in. Itā€™s NOT the 1ST DAY!!!
The 1st Day was May 1st!!! That was the day you could have begun placing orders for the book.

Day 25 or so was the day the stores had to make an early commitment to how many copies to order. Thatā€™s when we decide if we have extra money, what to invest in, what to do without and what to gamble on if we feel we have a little more we can afford to risk.

DAY 35 we knew Rick was Dead. From that point there were only really two choices.
A: The story ends with Rick as had been speculated as being the story of Rick for the last 16 years!!! The question then becomes which issue thatā€™s going to be the last?
B: New players like the sheriff get introduced taking the series in a new direction.
Either option screams buy an extra copy or two just in case and I know I spent time saying as much in person and online as possible to try and encourage just that.

DAY 40 The last day we could order the book for you and be 100% sure to get it being FOC day. ( Even Anthony had it on his FOC highlite list that day so youā€™d know to get it. " WALKING DEAD #193 ā€“ Fall out from death of Rick.")

DAY 61 News breaks and believe it or not, you still had chances for the last 21 days to get extras added. They were still in stock at Diamond at 4 AM on DAY 62.

As for myself, I stayed open LATE on DAY 61, Opened early on DAY 62 and stayed late taking PRESALES for cover price for the extras we purchased. Tons of social media posts that this was happening between Monday and Tuesday close of business.

Day 63 Price increases hit. (Why did you wait 63 days to decide you wanted a copy again?)

DAY 63 also becomes Day 1 of the Second Printing so if itā€™s just a sticker price thing, you still have the chance to own a copy of the story at Cover Price or less!!! FOC on that one is this Monday!!!